• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rural Winter Landscape

No hidden truth or beauty here folks. Just a simple rural morning scene, as unassuming and plain as it can be.

original.jpg

Pasture Fence at Dawn​

Jarmo Juntunen

True Tom. No hidden beauty but a lots to be seen. A very soothing and peaceful landscape. I like the way the light falls on the buildings.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
No hidden truth or beauty here folks. Just a simple rural morning scene, as unassuming and plain as it can be.

original.jpg

Pasture Fence at Dawn​

Tom,

Not hidden, but remarkable for talking about the work that has to be done to provide for food for our tables. This is not just a happening of the country side, but a great planned devotion of energy, ideas, tradition and commitment. One pictures says all this.

I might ask about your thoughts on the clouds. Did you have other variants or just this one?

Thanks for sharing,

Asher

Valentin Arfire

Hi Tom

A very nice image, I feel it true in the story of work and life it tells me.
Love the colors and the light.
Without any minus, I feel the foreground a little different for this picture so I'd lighten/blur/crop it

Thank you for comments, Asher and Jarmo. The spotty light on the fence is the main appeal for me as well, Jarmo. This particular farm has its share of row crops; the fenced area holds cattle with a few horses here and there.

I've just this one image taken that morning, Asher. It was one of those overcast days that began with an "eyelid" that closed just a few minutes after the sun rose above the horizon. Sometimes the rising sun can stain a cloudy sky with subtle colors, even when the sun is hidden behind the clouds. It doesn't happen often, and when it does it usually lasts mere seconds. My original intention was to watch for this in a place with a clear view to the sky.

An example of sunrise through clouds taken about a month ago:

original.jpg

Keslinger Road​

Not a particularly interesting place, but it shows the odd early morning weather I'd like to pursue.

fahim mohammed

Tom, simple maybe. But wonderful. In simplicity is elegance. In simplicity lies the true gift of craftsmanship.

Keep your pictures, simple. They do not need further enhancements.

Kindest regards.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you for comments, Asher and Jarmo. The spotty light on the fence is the main appeal for me as well, Jarmo. This particular farm has its share of row crops; the fenced area holds cattle with a few horses here and there.

I've just this one image taken that morning, Asher. It was one of those overcast days that began with an "eyelid" that closed just a few minutes after the sun rose above the horizon. Sometimes the rising sun can stain a cloudy sky with subtle colors, even when the sun is hidden behind the clouds. It doesn't happen often, and when it does it usually lasts mere seconds. My original intention was to watch for this in a place with a clear view to the sky.

An example of sunrise through clouds taken about a month ago:

original.jpg

Keslinger Road​

Not a particularly interesting place, but it shows the odd early morning weather I'd like to pursue.

Knowing how nature works is so important here. Recognition of transient beauty is a learned art we can all develop. This igniting of the clouds in pink is extraordinary, but there are myriads of like examples around us to be found in a glance from a child, the lit hands of a violinist or the skirt of a dancer moving over her thighs. Watch, learn and then plan your life around that expected flash of splendor. That's how Tom got this picture. Snapping it was the easy part.

Thanks Tom for sharing this with us today!

Asher