• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Travelog: Pictures from serial snaps at a landscape!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tavelling with family, sometimes one has to settle for just snaps from the moving car or train. However, with AutoPanoGiga 3 one can use multiple viewpoints and stitch the great parts from each image and end up with a pretty decent shot.

[Group 15]-_MG_5337__MG_5336-3 images_0001.jpg

Asher Kelman: Scene from Bus Window 01

Near Florence 2012
Canon 5D II 100mm Macro lens f5.6 1/500 sec ISO 1600

This was just from 3 pictures, but each one added just a tad more to give enough for this image

Asher.

fahim mohammed

I have never done panos or stitches; so that is an art I can't comment on.

But the visual presented here as a result of the 3 sticking is very pleasant. I particularly like how the slope takes me to the clouds ( surprising as it should lead me down!! )..

1/500 did it Asher.

Asher Kelman

I have never done panos or stitches; so that is an art I can't comment on.

But the visual presented here as a result of the 3 sticking is very pleasant. I particularly like how the slope takes me to the clouds ( surprising as it should lead me down!! )..

1/500 did it Asher.

Fahim,

My image patiently waited a visitor. Thanks for stopping by!

Making compromises and not driving family to extremes is one of the challenges of photography. My eldest, (as we pass a field of bright yellow sunflowers, stretching to the base of mountains with pines and capped with clouds), I promise we'll come back later! But it never happens.

So many striking scenes flit past us. So I try to get some fast sequences. Sometimes, once has to blackout in a mask in Photoshop, a foreground structure that would otherwise ruin a perfect view in the distance.

Again, the visit is appreciated!

Asher

Jerome Marot

If I understand correctly, the stitches are at the points where the slope changes. There is a visible stitching error at the left of the foot of the tallest pine left of the house.

This is interesting, but I wonder whether stitching is necessary. You could just have presented the three images as a triptych. We had a member who did that here.

Asher Kelman

If I understand correctly, the stitches are at the points where the slope changes. There is a visible stitching error at the left of the foot of the tallest pine left of the house.

[Group 15]-_MG_5337__MG_5336-3 images_0001.jpg

Asher Kelman: Scene from Bus Window 01

Near Florence 2012
Canon 5D II 100mm Macro lens f5.6 1/500 sec ISO 1600

You're so right, Jerome! how could I have missed that. I love the tree line and just didn't see that! we overlook faults of what we admire, I guess! Thanks for your sharper eyes!

This is interesting, but I wonder whether stitching is necessary. You could just have presented the three images as a triptych. We had a member who did that here.

This way, one sheds the superfluos repeats. There should be a reason for repeats. I didn't find any but certainly will think about your idea.

Asher