• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

D40x with Infrared Conversion

Jim Galli

I borrowed a friends D40x with the Infrared conversion today just to see what it's like. Here are some samples;

DSC_1063s.jpg

DSC_1059s.jpg

DSC_1058s.jpg

DSC_1053s.jpg

He had bought the D40x and quickly graduated to a D200 which he promptly sold to me when the D300 came on the market. Instead of having the D40 sit idly he had it converted to IR. The conversion costs around $450 and it dedicates the camera to that single use afterwards.

Jim Galli

A couple more.....

DSC_1060s.jpg

DSC_1047s.jpg

The wood grain interested me. The old record player is black as the inside of a cow both from age and it's original very dark finish. That the IR sees through that to the wood is phenomenal. The flowers are predictable.