• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Another Dutchie!

Jan Luursema

Hi everybody, I'll just introduce myself.

I am Jan Luursema, currently a student trying to decide whether he want's to go ahead in photography full time or not. Pretty difficult decision, but I won't bother you with that right now!

I am from Groningen, The Netherlands.
I shoot a lot of different subjects, from landscapes to journalism. I am a photographer for the student newspaper here in Groningen, that is pretty cool since you get to shoot lots of different subjects, mainly in the student community. I also do a little freelancing, but that's just starting to pick up.
This year I've also been doing some concert photography, right now I'm also shooting for a jazz review site.
From time to time I also enjoy shooting land- and seascapes, much more slow and comtemplative, which can be very enjoyable (i.e. sitting on a dike after sunset and constantly having to move your tripod because of the rising water ;)).

Oh by the way, I'm currently having an exhibition, it is called 'Music in the landscape'. It is in the cultural student centre USVA, the adress is Munnekeholm 10, Groningen, open every workday from 9 AM - 11 PM. It is there until august 23 (but I believe the centre is closed in july).
Don't hesitate to drop by if you're in the neighbourhood ;) I'd be happy to show you around.

Well I hope this forum will become a valuable resource like the robgalbraith forum, maybe I can even contribute a little!

Cem_Usakligil

Welcome!

Hi Jan,

Welcome to the forum, glad to see you here :).

Regards,

Cem

PS: "Keep that skin smooth" --> did I miss something? ;-)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Let me push the exhibition page and sort of "hijack" the thread a little to support OPF photographer's work.

http://www.openphotographyforums.com/expo.php

This is where we are trying to promote work by OPF members and there is no charge for this.

Further, if I can, I'll visit or someone can volunteer to do so for OPF. Otherwise, a package of jpgs can be sent to me to review.

Jan Luursema has one such exhibition.

He is a "photographer for the student newspaper in Groningen Holland.
He shoots for a jazz review site: www.jazzpodium.nl
Exhibition is held until august 23 (but closed in july)
From 1-17 August the Usva will only be open in the afternoon, 12 AM to 5 PM. From August 18 to 23 it will also be open from 9 AM to 11 PM.
In the cultural student centre USVA: Munnekeholm 10, Groningen
Drop by if you're in the neighbourhood ;) Jan says he'll be happy to show you around!
Contact Jan: website, email: jan_at_janluursema.nl (replace "_at_" by "@")."

Please bookmark this page and checkout ongoing galleries and then use "Photography as Art" forum to further discuss work that interests you.

Further, I'll post important exhibitions by known established and leading photographers and artists that influence modern photography.

Since Jan Luuserma is one of the famous "Dutchies", I thought an extra plug for our exhnibition promotion page is in order.

Asher

Jan Luursema

Cem said:
Hi Jan,

Welcome to the forum, glad to see you here :).

Regards,

Cem

PS: "Keep that skin smooth" --> did I miss something? ;-)

Frank has a bit of a reputation for his extremely smooth-skinned modelshots on another forum ;)
Although recently he is showing some different work, which I can really appreciate!

Asher: Thanks, but famous I am most certainly not!

I am thinking about creating a pdf document of the photos in my exhibition so those who can't see it in real life can still get an impression. I'm not sure what the best program is to create a pdf portfolio though, maybe I should just use Photoshop?

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Jan Luursema said:
I am thinking about creating a pdf document of the photos in my exhibition so those who can't see it in real life can still get an impression. I'm not sure what the best program is to create a pdf portfolio though, maybe I should just use Photoshop?
Bonjour Yan
why don't you use PS to create an html gallery that you could put on your web server and post the link (I'll copy it and paste it within your expo announvement in the exhibition page).
This is an example that I did for my exhibiton announcement: http://www.claris.fr/Diaporama_EXPO_DUPON/index.htm
nothing to download for people, just a web page...
my 2 cts (of €)

Jan Luursema

That might be a good idea Nicolas. The reason I was thinking about a pdf is because it looks nice, and I can arrange the images exactly the way I want.