• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Good Post Production Software?

John Had

Hi there, hope you all well..

Im looking for a post production software program that will allow me to make quick simple and interesting changes to the photos without going into too much detail
I have photoshop and I love it but i spend hours and hours doing things to one photo, I used a program on a friends iPad and it came up with some amazing and fantastic changes that were pre-programmed

So basically im looking for a program that offers quick simple cool looking changes to casual photos.. anything free would probably be preferable..
Could anyone point me in the right direction?

It depends what kind of changes you would like to do. As far as you already got Photoshop, and probably knows how it works, you could have a go at all the presets and auto adjustments already in the software. Some are built as "action" (vignette for example), some are in the adjustment layers (sepia, black and white...), some are in the filters (painting, halftone patterns, drawing effects...)

As I don't know what comes with the Ipad, I cannot really tell. Maybe you should test some processing tools that comes with the hosting companies (Like Photobucket or Flickr)

I am sure other member will have better ideas :)

John Had

it was alot more standardized than photoshop, wasnt nearly as intense, but the results were still pretty cool..
Found something called Picasa, its free and simple, a little bit more simple than what i was looking for but it still has some cool features and it will have to do, being free and all :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
John,

If you're working on a Mac, then there's iPhoto. That comes for free and is pretty powerful.

Asher

Jerome Marot

On the iPhone, you have instagram and hipstamatic. Is this the kind of sofware you are looking for? There is a copy for the mac called flare. If you are after the "Polaroid" look, there is poladroid (mac and PC).

Generally speaking, there should be dozens of this kind of application, either stand-alone or downloadable as a photoshop filter. Transforming one's pictures with a cheesy filter is a big thing at the moment. The only problem is to find them.

Joachim Bolte

I have photoshop and I love it but i spend hours and hours doing things to one photo

Maybe you'd have to ask yourself WHY you do so? Do you have a goal, or do you just 'do things' untill the picture looks good?

Most effects that you are talking about do not take a lot of time to reproduce in PS. Especially when built into an action, it's basically a 'one-click-kindda-thing'. And the advantage of PP over app is that you can always go back to the original and try something new.