• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: Get CS2 or Elements or Adobe Premiere FREE!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Of course there's a catch! It's not the latest version, but the real Adobe magic! Read the 2005 review here. No reason why it shouldnt cover 99.9% of your needs. Of course, it won't have the latest RAW engine, "Content-aware-fill", nor the finest noise removal algorithms, but still pretty damn good!

CS2_GUI.jpg

DPReview.com image: Review of Photoshop CS2 2005

Now the catch. It requires old fashioned systems of one sort or another, although, who knows it might work on higher systems.

• Mac OS 10,28-10.38 and either a Power PC or G5 Processor for Mac
  • or else for Windows users, Windows 2000, XP with Intel Pentium III or 4 Processor.

It would be fun to see who can get this to work on an older machine. I may power up my G5 Machine for this!or see if it will work under Parallels!

Let us know if you have any luck, you can download from Adobe here!!!!

Or else download from Techspot here, again with free serial numbers!

Windows Serial number: 1045-1412-5685-1654-6343-1431
Mac OS X Serial number: 1045-0410-5403-3188-5429-0639

Asher

Jerome Marot

Not free

Not quite so. According to Adobe:
"Effective December 13, Adobe disabled the activation server for CS2 products and Acrobat 7 because of a technical glitch. These products were released over 7 years ago and do not run on many modern operating systems. But to ensure that any customers activating those old versions can continue to use their software, we issued a serial number directly to those customers. While this might be interpreted as Adobe giving away software for free, we did it to help our customers.".

Andrew Stannard

pro member
It certainly an interesting situation....

Adobe has put the links on their website with the serial code on the same page, with no disclaimer about who may or may not use the software. In fact if you search on Adobe's own site for 'free CS2' the page comes up as the first result.

Yet Adobe have released a statement that the software is only for registered users. But why not put this statement on the download page? I'm sure if Adobe really wanted to stop un-registered users downloading the software they would have removed the links by now, changed the system, or made a more formal statement on the download page.

I can't help but think that this is an intentional mistake by Adobe - let people download an old version of Photoshop, in preference to Gimp or other free tools, and then hope that they upgrade at some point in the future.

Andrew.

Jerome Marot

I can't help but think that this is an intentional mistake by Adobe

Quite possible.

It would be fun to see who can get this to work on an older machine.

CS certainly works on any mac running snow leopard (os x 10.6), so CS2 should do the same. Unfortunately, Apple does not support 10.6 any more (only 10.7 and 10.8), so they are relatively unsafe to run and connect to the Internet.