• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The CNB 66 a brand new sailing yacht

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Here are some images shot in September of the brand new CNB 66.

This 66 footer has been designed for maximum comfort and safety while cruising.
It can be handled by 2 persons (only but experienced!)
The boat is ”semi-custom” this means that the acommodation may be changed upon your desires (choice of wood, layout of cabins etc.) but the main concept has been studied so the cost of all researches and industrialism is shared by many (some dozens) sister ships.

We shot the boat with 4 models, 2 adults and 2 kids.
While sailing, the ”real” crew was hiding inside the boat…
We had beautiful lights and good wind as it can be in late September in the Côte d’Azur.

Enjoy! and comments welcomed :)

_NCK3059_web.jpg

_NCK3277_web.jpg

_NCZ4795_web.jpg

_NCZ5050_web.jpg

_NCZ5239_web.jpg

Doug Kerr

Hi, Nicolas,

It is just beyond words, both the vessel and your exquisite photography.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
She is a beautiful vessel, my dear friend, Nicolas!

The sails seem to be very high tech fiber in grey. How hard is it to switch to the seemingly lighter pink-burgundy sail....and why? Is that for gentler wind andcit is larger surface area to grab more power from a little wind?

The interior master bedroom seems huge. What lens and do you ever stitch to achieve this?

I am totally taken in by the genuiness and sense of real family that this asvertisem my image shows. Having those two kids, instead of adorable enticing girls that hand arounf uscolder men, is so reassuring. This directs marketing to families as opposed to exaggerated opulence.

Great idea!

I guess you need both. Certainly, with a family on board I would respect their privacy. If they were serving champagne to a crowd of bikini clad models I would consider myself "invited", well "sort of" and might chat to see if someone might motion me to join the celebration.

I would love to see a video of the boat tacking or changing sails. Must be magnificent!

I know it's hard work getting these great pictures, but it looks fun too. It ibknow there is no time to relax as everyone's time costs real money and they wouldn't be too happy with their prize photographer and videographer putting their feet up or stretching out for a nap on deck!

....but it does seem you live in the lap of luxury, relaxation and exhorbitant hospitality fit for a prince!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
She is a beautiful vessel, my dear friend, Nicolas!

The sails seem to be very high tech fiber in grey.

This filamentary membrane is made of pre-impregnated composite strips laid out along very precise non-parallel lines to carry the primary and secondary loads exerted on the sail during sailing. The pre-impregnated strips are laid and laminated on a flat table. They are vacuum and then hot pressed (under more than 6 bars of pressure), and then joined together with a recyclable, solvent-free thermoplastic resin.
As with the D4 Premium, the membrane is manufactured in a single operation. It is then shaped on the floors of the Incidence sail lofts.
More

How hard is it to switch to the seemingly lighter pink-burgundy sail....and why? Is that for gentler wind andcit is larger surface area to grab more power from a little wind?
Well, it may be hard, it all depends of the crew (needs experience!) and wind force.
Yes that sail, called "Spinaker" is huge and used to catch more wind, even used in gales on some racing boats!

The interior master bedroom seems huge. What lens and do you ever stitch to achieve this?
I use a 25 mm(19.5 mm equivalent for full frame). I rarely stitch, in such case I use a 35mm ( 27.5mm equivalent).

I am totally taken in by the genuiness and sense of real family that this asvertisem my image shows. Having those two kids, instead of adorable enticing girls that hand arounf uscolder men, is so reassuring. This directs marketing to families as opposed to exaggerated opulence.

Great idea!
Thanks, yes this was part of the brief from the client.

I guess you need both. Certainly, with a family on board I would respect their privacy. If they were serving champagne to a crowd of bikini clad models I would consider myself "invited", well "sort of" and might chat to see if someone might motion me to join the celebration.

I would love to see a video of the boat tacking or changing sails. Must be magnificent!

Since you asked… ;) The film shot by Romain

I know it's hard work getting these great pictures, but it looks fun too. It ibknow there is no time to relax as everyone's time costs real money and they wouldn't be too happy with their prize photographer and videographer putting their feet up or stretching out for a nap on deck!

....but it does seem you live in the lap of luxury, relaxation and exhorbitant hospitality fit for a prince!

Asher
Yes, it does seem…

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nicolas,

Thanks so much!

This is so beautiful. The views from the helicopter turned my heart ❤️ upside down and I had to catch my breath every time you circled the boat from the sky.

Since you asked… ;) The film shot by Romain

I must ask everyone to see this video, not just for this beauty here of a modern engineering miracle I. A ocean going naval miracle that can be mastered by two adults, but because the filming and editing is so thrilling.

If you ever need a film crew, have Romain claris fly over!

This is one "formidable", (the English usage, as in the prowess of the British Royal Navy), and "formidable", i.e. "4-me-doubler", the French for "amazingly fabulous"!

Asher

Wow! Incredible images and the boat is wonderful too. So spacious inside and seems quite family friendly. Your images taken from the helicopter, really are "incroyable et magnifique".