• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!
A subject that has come up previously is the usage of thread prefixes to help identify common topics across posts. To this end I have quickly added some basic thread prefixes as some of you may have noted. I am not truly happy with them and would like some help with suggestions for thread prefixes.

In the end I will probably be arbitrary and capricious about what is and what is not added. This is not malicious, but volunteer labor means I have some freedom and I have no desire for hours of data entry and I want lists to be of reasonable size. What this does mean is that if good solid prefixes are suggested and will help with the flow of the forums I will get them in. But I need to know what your needs are. Comments from the silent majority would be appreciated. Comments about prefixes for specific forums are most welcome.

As an example, this thread is flagged with an Administrative: prefix which can only be done in this forum and it should really only be used if you have constructive ideas or suggestions, or if you have technical issues.

thanks,

Sean

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Sean,

Thanks so much for the inititaltive to have prefixes. I really love the idea. Who has been bringing this up? I’m very excited about this work of yours!

Can we consider this as part of a global solution that should include key-wording of posts and images. That will help indexing in search engines.

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It would be nice if they were a clickable link to the thread they are a prefix to.

Will, do you mean that we should be able to click on For Critique in a header and then get all those threads? Would you expect to do that for all prefixes? After all we are going to have more! Where would you expect to find these links?

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Sean,

Could you spell out what your solution would be?
Hi Asher,

This is how I understand it. As it is now, there is this prefix shown on the list of threads, followed by the title of the thread itself. It looks like this:
Sticky: Administrative: Thread Prefixes

One cannot click on the text "Sticky: Adminstrative" to go to the "Thread Prefixes" thread.
So the solution would be to make the whole URL link to the thread include the prefix text as well.

Cheers,