• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Childs View

Back in January of 2009 it took this picture and made it into a B&W, and named it "child's view"
ChildsView_CodyWhite_T.jpg

Child's View by Cody White​
Well six months ago I went back and re-shot it from a lower angle
DSC_3679.jpg

Child's View 2011 by Cody White​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn169/icicle[/QUOTE]

Cody,

What happened to the angels? Have you thought of correcting the verticals. I think that would happen in the child's brain.

I so like the fact that we can see the lights hanging down.

Also, what would this be like in B&W.

Asher​

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn169/icicle[/QUOTE]

Cody,

What happened to the angels? Have you thought of correcting the verticals. I think that would happen in the child's brain.

I so like the fact that we can see the lights hanging down.

Also, what would this be like in B&W.

Asher[/QUOTE]
The top one was shoot at 36 inches above the floor if I remember correctly, and the bottom one was shot around 10 inches from the floor

Edit:
[CENTER][IMG]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn169/icicle_03/DSC_3679-1.jpg​

Burke Symon

While I'm normally a fan of black and white, I really like this shot in colour. The way you took the shot is quite stunning, the low angle really opens up the ceiling quite nicely. Well done picture :).

Alice Hurley

The angels were gone.. I think it would be better if they are still included..
And I understand that it is on another perspective so it would be difficult to include it to the photo from a few inch view from the floor..
I like more the color B&W photo for that because it is more solemn.. :)

While I'm normally a fan of black and white, I really like this shot in colour. The way you took the shot is quite stunning, the low angle really opens up the ceiling quite nicely. Well done picture :).
Thank You.
The colour shot is super, blows the mind a bit (a mini "Fellini's Roma" here?) but good shot.

Thank you
The angels were gone.. I think it would be better if they are still included..
And I understand that it is on another perspective so it would be difficult to include it to the photo from a few inch view from the floor..
I like more the color B&W photo for that because it is more solemn.. :)

I was thinking about going back and getting one from directly on the floor, but I can't picture it in my mind on how it would turn out.

In all my honesty I like both the color one and the b&w one, each of them has their own perspective to the same shot.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Hi Cody.
Sorry about. The late note. I'm a new member and just wandering aimlessly to see who I can annoy. Not that I want to annoy people. It just turns out that way sometimes.
Anyway, I do like your shot but I wonder about the name . Naming things usually requires an association with the viewer and I wonder where that might come from in your photo. I understand about the low view. But it's not such a departure from what I might see ordinarily, being a short bloke who hates churches. I got married in one once and i think it had a detrimental effect on my faith. I'm thinking if I were a kid what would I feel when I saw this place and how could I get that onto the shot. Maybe standing next to someone and holding their hand in security then exaggerating the vertices instead of straightening them to give an overpowering distorted look. I reckon most kids are terrified by all the grandeur. I remember I was and still am. Anyway, just a thought.