• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Helpful Hints/D.I.Y.: Free Color Profiles for Capture One Processing

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Custom Camera Profiling is now possible for Capture One Pro users with the new public beta of X-Rite’s popular ColorChecker Camera Calibration Software.
Creating them is as simple as 1, 2, 3.

1. Photograph a ColorChecker Passport or any ColorChecker Classic in .raw file format.

2. Process the file in Capture One using the recommended settings.

3. Use Camera Calibration software v1.2 to create your custom ICC camera profile for use in Capture One. Quit and reopen Capture One.

Your newly created ICC camera profile is now available and ready to use based on your specific camera and lens combination during your shooting session.

It’s easy, fast, and FREE!

Further information here!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cem,

I was using Capture One exclusively then I realized Photoshop had improved Adobe Camera RAW but recently I got attracted to the amazing luminosity processing and layers in Capture One. So I am now looking at version 12 which has apparently better built in Catalog functions too.

I think that there is a lot to be gained in venturing into the oft-ignored world of Luminosity masking. So for me, at least it was time to update on color profiles.

Keep losing the tiny Xrite Pasdport color chart. Need to tie a long red ribbon to it!

Asher