• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Kodak C813 problem

June Mclean

Hi could anyone help please.

I have just been given Kodak digital camera C813 for Christmas. When I tried to download the software I could'nt because I have Windows 98 and it is not supported.

Is there another way in which I can put my photos onto my pc??

thank you

June

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi June,

This wonderful 8MP Kodak Easy Share camera surprisingly demands Microsoft XP as the PC software! For Mac it's just OS 10.3. However, you can just take the memory card, (ultiMediaCard, SD Memory Card or SDHC Memory Card), and insert this into a card reader and plug that into your PC. Check that you have USB or Firewire ports on your PC computer. Then the images will appear in a new "Disk" on your desktop called Kodak Easy Share or something like that. All you jpgs will be inside. Just copy those to a new folder with todays date and you're done.

What software do you have for looking at your pictures?

Good luck,

Asher

June Mclean

hi

Thank you Asher, I have the EasyShare software cd but Windows 98 not compatible, do you know where I can get a card reader?. My pc has a usb port, I suppose I can always take out the memory card and develope them in a shop but I am disappointed that I can't copy to my pc.

I have ArcSoft and photo studio. I thought there may have been a driver that I could download that was compatible with Windows 98 but it seems not.

thanks for your help
June

John Angulat

pro member
Good morning June,
It seems that there are no real suitable solutions to your difficulty. Even if you purchased a memory card reader and used that to transfer the images to your PC, you're still left with the problem of editing the images (EasyShare and Arcsoft not being compatible w/ Win98).
May I assume that the PC is equally as old as the Windows version?
Not being familiar (but certainly sensitive) to your financial situation I believe it's time to upgrade you PC. There are very moderately priced PC's available that could suit your needs. You may possibly also be able to find a used or refurbished PC at even greater savings.
Windows 98 is virtually unsupported by every s/w mfgr. and if you don't upgrade, this problem will invariably haunt you at every turn.

Mike Shimwell

June,

Another factor is that you may find that Windows 98 only supports usb 1, so your pictures will take some tiem to download. They will get there in the end, but it may be tad frustrating.

My father in law also has a windows 98 pc, which I have been unable to connect to broadband to date as the residual support for 98 is so limited.

Mike

June Mclean

hi

John - My brother purchased a lap top and he asked if I would like his pc, as I only required it for e-mails and internet I was more than happy with it. Now though I want to expand and this old boy is limited but I have been told a very good pc in it's day. Not the end of the world I think.

Mike - have you tried Virgin as a broadband provider, they will cover Windows 98 Im sure.

Aight Cracka

Hi June ...

indeed there IS a way to get your photos on your PC!!! I also received a C813 for Christmas (beautiful cam!) and had same problems as I also unfortunately am running WIN98 (SE). I came across a WIN98 compatable software. Apparently it is Eastman Kodak but it is not digitally signed and it is a zip file. I downloaded it, scanned it and am using it with very little complaints. If you do not have a version of Apple Quick Time it will prompt you to go to Apple. com and download in order to transfer video. The only thing is I could not find the drive when searched for (2.0. USB version!!!???) and the 'safely remove hardware' icon is non existant ... related to the 'invisible' drive!? BUT IT IS THERE as when you open the app and go to 'transfer' it transfers your photos and videos, albeit slowly. Well ... here is the link, I hope you receive in a timely fashion ............. http://www.nodevice.com/driver/EASYSHARE/get32852.html