• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Looking beyond! A collections of portals!

This image was taken several years ago. It's a huge roll of some sort of tubing to be set in in the ground. I saw it on the side of the road and loved the grass in front and the miniature landscape beyond and thought it fit this thread perfectly.

portal.jpg

Maggie,

Many would have passed it by. It is truly the artist who sees the beauty. What an aesthetic way to show something so mundane! The way you have composed it, it seems to artistically represent the aperture mechanism of the human eye.

Reginald

Maggie,

Many would have passed it by. It is truly the artist who sees the beauty. What an aesthetic way to show something so mundane! The way you have composed it, it seems to artistically represent the aperture mechanism of the human eye.

Reginald

Thank you ever so kindly, Reginald. Wow.. I posted that a long time ago, was quite a treat to see it re-appear and with your touching words. Thank you :) Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This image was taken several years ago. It's a huge roll of some sort of tubing to be set in in the ground. I saw it on the side of the road and loved the grass in front and the miniature landscape beyond and thought it fit this thread perfectly.

portal.jpg

I am so impressed, Maggie!

You are blessed with an eagle's eye!

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Maggie,

Reginald

same to me ... but the other inputs here are great, too.
Have to look for some tribute in my archives ....

same to me ... but the other inputs here are great, too.
Have to look for some tribute in my archives ....

Very true! There is so much creativity in this forum. Your 'Alignement Perspective with figure' is another example of how you can make such a pleasant picture using simple geometry.

Reginald

PS Wolfgang, I just discovered your zenfolio collection. Beautiful images.