• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Finding treasures in drab Ontario fall

Robert Watcher

My wife and I headed out to a secluded Conservation area this afternoon. The trees were barren, fallen leaves wilting away. A cold crispness in the air chilled our face and warmed our heart. The pleasant sounds of rushing streams, small waterfalls, and a small frisky red squirrel were all that could be heard.

From a photographers standpoint, there weren’t a lot of opportunities to capture fine art. Armed only with my Olympus EM10 and 45mm f1.8, a few pieces framed perfectly in my viewfinder.

F32F3EEF-8455-465D-A8EB-B91EB4B2438A.jpg

99C8F213-2CE9-4F6B-91C5-CC54C2940228.jpg

8998667E-9B10-4066-B2E1-D4CD7A84AB91.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Your work shows great observation and compositional discipline.

Many years of experience and a stellar result!

I would have thought Tom Robbins made them, especially the first. He discovers junctions of man-made wire and steel in natural wood.

Asher

Fine photos, Robert! My first thought was along the lines of "somenone's taken a page out of my methods of operation manual!" :) Looking closely at things most people don't notice at all is habit forming, isn't it?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fine photos, Robert! My first thought was along the lines of "somenone's taken a page out of my methods of operation manual!" :) Looking closely at things most people don't notice at all is habit forming, isn't it?

Tom,

Isn't it great that both that you have a style that is distinct and secondly that I respond to Roberts work, referencing yours....and you agree! It means a lot to me that I get to know you guys well, at least though your wonderful contributions that you so generously share.

Asher