• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fuji GFX Camera Commuting to and from Rialto: Shooting through a Car Window II

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
On the way there, leaving Los Angeles on the 10 freeway, East, we pass the Veterans Hall, named on honor of the comedian, Bob Hope, who spent a lot of time overseas, entertaining the troops, who simply adored him!

_DSF2562.jpg

Asher Kelman: Bob Hope Veterans Hall

Fuji GFX 32-64 mm
64mm, 1/680 sec, F 5.6, ISO 200
Processed from RAW in Photoshop CC
No added filters

More to come the daylight scenes on the route to Rialto!!

Asher

Last edited:

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

On the way there, leaving Los Angeles on the 10 freeway, East, we pass the Veterans Hall, named on honor of the comedian, Bob Hope, who spent a lot of time overseas, entertaining the troops, who simply adored him!

Odd that the sign says "Bob Hope Patriotic Hall"

Is the facility with the BYD sign a showroom for electric cars or what?

Albuquerque bought BYD electric articulated buses (assembled in Lancaster, Calif.) for its new on-street rapid transit system. They are not yet working right. Nothing about the new system is working right.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, Asher,

Odd that the sign says "Bob Hope Patriotic Hall"

Is the facility with the BYD sign a showroom for electric cars or what?

Albuquerque bought BYD electric articulated buses (assembled in Lancaster, Calif.) for its new on-street rapid transit system. They are not yet working right. Nothing about the new system is working right.

Doug,

Thanks for sparking my interest. Without your keen eye and knowledge, that buisiness sign was just another in a vast jungle of commerce! You added some human dimension for me.

BYD Co Ltd is a Chinese manufacturer of automobiles, buses, forklifts, rechargeable batteries, trucks, etc with its corporate headquarters in Shenzhen. It has two major subsidiaries, BYD Automobile and BYD Electronic. Wikipedia

I looked up on Google maps the store. Its right be the freeway.

BYD showroom Los Angeles.jpg

...and then we have the local l folks reaction to the place and mocking of the idea that this Chinese Corporate Giant is anything realted to them or the planet beyond commerce!

Official Sponsor of mother Nature.jpg

Of course, we don't know what went on, but with printed signs, it looks like this is perhaps backed by some trade union. Now I did a search and it turned out that this company was a indeed nightmare to deal with.

It got into trouble in 2013 for paying its local Chinese workers $1.50 per hour!!

Guess what, by 2014, Reurers reported that the judge finally dismissed the case and they got away with it!

Asher