• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

OM-D - I'm feeling left out

John Wolf

In all my years on camera forums, I don't ever recall more enthusiasm and less nit-picking than I'm hearing about the Olympus OM-D. So far I've not seen a single "Why I sold my OM-D" thread.

Some of the most anticipated cameras -- X100, X Pro 1, Nex7 -- definitely have their devotees, but also their detractors. As far as I've seen, not the OM-D.

I don't usually have gear-envy, but my GX1, which is very new, is feeling sadly inadequate.

John

Jerome Marot

In all my years on camera forums, I don't ever recall more enthusiasm and less nit-picking than I'm hearing about the Olympus OM-D.

The more I read photography forums outside of OPF lately, the more I wonder wether the normal users have been replaced by shills paid by the particular brand represented in the forum. One cannot be sure, of course. One thing I can be sure about: a large proportion of the old-time users have been drawn away by the new ones. It is not fun participating in a forum where, each time you post something that is not 100% positive about your brand of choice, 10 people will jump at you and accuse you of trolling.

John Wolf

Yes, forums do tend to evolve in the direction of the fans, as counter-views are trampled and weeded out. Not sure in this case, though.

There are always some anti-voices, but with this particular camera, if there are any, they seem to be keeping mum. I don't feel this way very often, and usually let all the latest and greatest wiz on past. But for this camera the praise seems pretty unanimous, such that it make me wonder if I really am missing out this time.

John