• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Neat Reciepts for Mac is finally here!(Soon)

Dave McCaughan

I don't want to sound like an ad, but I've been waiting for this for a long time. I know a lot of us here own our own businesses and this thing is great. Now I'll have no reason to run bootcamp, I can get rid of windows(unless a really good wireless USB shows up). I know I've lost out on a lot of billing in the past because I miss placed reciepts. I'll buy anything that makes the business side less painful.

http://www.neatreceipts.com/products/neat-receipts-for-mac/

It's all about what's on the page.

Dave

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I am a QuickBooks consultant by day (but not for too long - I hope) and I have NOT heard good things about Neat Receipts.

Dear Kathy, Bonjour

we need more… what do you mean?

Is QuickBooks a competitor?
or is Neat Receipts not compatible with the SW made by QuickBooks?

It is always good to have controversial informations and advices on a product, but then, please explain…

Thank you ;-)

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
QuickBooks

Nicolas,

I support my photography habit, er, business, doing accounting and QuickBooks software consulting. QuickBooks is the number one accounting software program in the US and Canada (They have a UK version - and I am not sure of other countries). Neat receipts is a scanning program/scanner that takes receipts and is supposed to create importable spreadsheets so that the accounting is automatic.

There are few of my clients who have purchased Neat Receipts and were not happy with it. I have not personally used it.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Thanks for the clarification Kathy

It would then be usefull to know if the issue (apparently importing data from Neat Receipts into QuickBooks) is from the software or the user…

Per Ofverbeck

Haven´t tried (or even heard of) either Neat Receipts or QuickBooks.

However, I recently tried, and promptly bought, a similar thing called Yep

( http://www.yepthat.com/yep/index.html )

that works just great for me. Suddenly I can find, and read, all pdf´s om my disk (or a specified directory) quickly and securely. Scanner support for just any scanner is built right in, and works well (I have an ancient Epson flatbed with no Leopard support, and suddenly it works through Yep just as it were made for it.

All pdf´s can remain wherever they are on the disk; nothing is buried in a proprietary data base (I have very bad experience with SOHO Notes hiding everything, and forcing me to export one document at a time to get at them...), and can be freely accessed or moved with e.g Finder; Yep will keep up.

I used to make printouts of everything important up to now, and to file the printouts in binders (where it took me forever to find them). I won´t do that any more!

Per Ofverbeck

Per,

How about being able to cut and paste from PDF's to a word processor? That would be nice?

Can´t do it within Yep, but the new Preview in Leopard (which can be called from within Yep) allows you to do exactly that. Can´t say how much of the formatting that survives, however....

What you CAN do in Yep is to combine pdf´s into one document, even interleave two pdf´s (great when scanning a double-sided multi-page original).