• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Who has questions?

Ray West

Hi Georg,

fwiw I had loads of images/other file icons on my desktop. Its the wrong paradigm. You should keep all your stuff in folders, open and close as required. Desktop is for temporary use only.

Now, If you go to the actual desktop folder, change its view properties to thumbnails, and enlarge full screen, there you are, you have your thumbnailed images. afaik, all the image formats, jpg, etc., only show the opening program icon in the basic windows desktop view. This desktop view shows only file and program _icons_. I think you need to think of it as a physical desktop - if you want to alter it you need hammer and saws, a bit more than adding a sheet of paper to a folder.

Change your way of doing things, you'll be much happier.

PSD, no psd, unless there is a 'raw' type update somewhere. time to google, again ;-)

Best wishes,

Ray

fwiw I had loads of images/other file icons on my desktop. Its the wrong paradigm. You should keep all your stuff in folders, open and close as required. Desktop is for temporary use only.

That's not too bad. I knew one guy, he liked to use Recycle Bin as his primary storage, since it was somewhat associative to the real life object for him...

Georg - use the Bridge, maximize it, set to the thumbnails - and have fun!

HTH

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I have to change my habbit to use my desktop for temporary files I guess.

However, I think I was right that there is a solution that can display even photohop psd files on your dektop, afaik in CS this was possible, in CS2 not anymore, so you have to add a certain dll to the /shell directory and tweak registry accordingly.

Difficult to break with old habbits. <grins>