• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pentax (only) Photo Gallery

A new Pentax Photo Gallery has been created and is currently under beta.

The gallery (here) is accepting artists and submissions for review. I asked by email for an artist code at photogallery@pentax.com and recieved my "artist code" the next day.

With my artists code, I signed in and went through the process of uploading last night. I had to create a "bio" with a mugshot - then I could upload my pictures. There are specific image size restrictions and each picture is reviewed for inclusion in the gallery. I haven't heard anyone say that all their submissions were accepted, so expect some rejection! =D

All photos must be taken with a Pentax Camera AND Lens.

FYI

Kyle Nagel

When I click on the link you posted all I get is a "coming soon" screen, I don't appear to be able to register or upload, is there a different link for that?

Kyle

When I click on the link you posted all I get is a "coming soon" screen, I don't appear to be able to register or upload, is there a different link for that?

Yup. The site is in BETA.

You have to send an email to photogallery@pentax.com and ask for an artists code. Then you gain access to the upload area where you can fill out your BIO and start submitting pictures.

Actually, there is another URL where you can actually use the site - try this

Just be aware that they are quite picky as to the photos they will accept. They try to avoid duplication in an artist's portfolio. The only problem with this is that they haven't released a statement of their criteria they are trying to fill.

I have browsed the site and all the photos aretop notch although the site is very flash heavy.

Here are the images of mine that made it through the jury.

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/i...ection=STEVE QUATTROCCHI&subSubSection=148855

Kyle Nagel

I also have problems viewing this site, I have updated my flash player but still no joy. I even tried it at work yesterday on our T1 line, but still had some problems. They need to make it a little more user friendly, if this is still in Beta someone needs to bring this to thier attention before it goes up for the public.

Kyle

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We are building a gallery which you'll be able to set for Pentax only is you wish. Let me know what features you might need.

Asher

It sounds like you have started the process of defining features of the gallery!

This sounds like an ambitious undertaking. I have many questions.

What are the features you have deemed important so far?

Are the features being developed according to any guiding principles?

What constraints will be put on the gallery images and how will they be organized?

Very nice images Steve. All with the kit lens? I am surprised by the results you get with that lens - it seems I can't come close to your results.

You do a beautiful job in your post processing - what is your workflow (ie what tools when) ?

The link into the artist's bio page doesn't work. Anyone wanting to see you work needs to go the the home page and then browse the Artist list until they find you by your first name first.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Ed,

We are working with a number of people to get their input. Anyone is welcome to share their own ideas too. Send me a PM. I don't want to make a fuss and divert from photography with an open discussion when this is a large design issue.

I look forward to input! Thanks for the encouragement!

Asher