• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge: Outdoor photo needs creative retouch? (WARNING Explicit nudity & fetish!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rene F Granaada

René-Frank,

Reread. My admonition is for the entire path already taken, not the future! At each step on the way the photographer must have exerted constant control and direction. If not, the picture will always move off to other coordinates. That's simple.

We can only suggest and offer possibilities. There's a huge difference between "might" or "could" which is our job is and "must" or "should" which are limits you make clear all the way.

If you want to go backwards at any stage, or change directions, that's your choice but you are the one to give guidance and then take account and be accountable. That's the only way to use a retoucher.

Asher
Dear Asher,

If I would have known beforehand what people were coming up with after the Slapnik version was produced, I agree with you, but I didn't. I admit I was curious were things were going, and only in a late stage I realized this was not what I intended with the original photo. The guidelines were maybe not explicit enough, and people strayed from the guidelines that were there. I agree of course that the photographer is in control. For me this was an experiment. I applaude your quest for clarity, I am new to having people retouch my work, and I now know much better what I am looking for and what not. For me this has been a good lesson, and I appreciate the learning experience and the comments and visual contributions I am getting from all involved. Isn't that one of the purposes of OPF, to help one another learn, improve our skils and become better photographers? But I do not feel I have anything to add at this point, neither do I feel I need to have the last word on this discussion, or rehash what's been said already. Feel free to differ with me. We are all entitled to our opinion. Thank you.

René-Frank

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
My friend René-Frank,

Well said! Exploration is important for growth! This was a worthwhile exercise as it tested areas for growth but didn't seek to define them for you!

Asher

Rene F Granaada

For me the final version is the "after" version by Slapnik on page one

I do not see any branch growing out of her head in that photo, neither do I see a sky there that is too far off what the sky looked like when the photo was shot....

I do not feel comfortable for anyone to be working on any other version of the photo. As the creator of the original image, pls respect my wishes. If anyone wants to work on that pls clarify why or what changes you think need to be added. Personally I do not think as I said earlier that more changes are needed. I do not think I can say this any clearer than this.

Thank you.

Rene-Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.