Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > OPF Look, Feel, and Vibe

OPF Look, Feel, and Vibe Comments & suggestions to the site.

Old November 22nd, 2015, 06:07 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Default Non members posting, but being "moderated"?

I have observed folk trying to respond to posts here, but as they are not members of OPF, they obviously fail each time, LOL. I may try allowing such posts but make them all subject to moderating and subsequent membership. After all, if the post is relevant and contributory, it's worthwhile leaving the door a little more "open"!

Opinions welcomed.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old November 22nd, 2015, 07:38 AM

Good idea Asher.
I'm also surprised by how few new members go on to actually contrite anything at, not a single post.
It seems a shame to me that this forum doesn't have more activity.
Quantity is definitely not always quality but more interested posters should only be a good thing.
I have to say that being one of the now very few Southern Hemisphere posters that my logins during daylight hours are very lonely. Fortunately a couple of old insomniacs ( no names, you know who you are) help to alleviate that.
Anyway, definitely worth a try.
Old November 22nd, 2015, 08:56 AM

Hi, Asher,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
I have observed folk trying to respond to posts here, but as they are not members of OPF, they obviously fail each time, LOL. I may try allowing such posts but make them all subject to moderating and subsequent membership. After all, if the post is relevant and contributory, it's worthwhile leaving the door a little more "open"!

Opinions welcomed.
I think that is a good idea. Of course, it is more work for the "moderator(s)"!

Best regards,

Doug
Old November 22nd, 2015, 03:26 PM

I think that is a good idea.

However it appears that someone who wants to post doesn't realize that one has to be a member to
do that. Strange!

And as Doug mentions, more work for the mods.

But more participation does need to be encouraged.
Old November 22nd, 2015, 11:19 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Set it up, but doesn't work as I'd hoped! Still asks one to login! So, let's allow anyone that registers permission to post and then simply delete and ban anyone that posts garbage! This could be very workable as I can delete and ban in the same stroke!

So,I have opened the gate!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old November 23rd, 2015, 08:47 AM

Hi, Asher,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Set it up, but doesn't work as I'd hoped! Still asks one to login! So, let's allow anyone that registers permission to post and then simply delete and ban anyone that posts garbage! This could be very workable as I can delete and ban in the same stroke!

So,I have opened the gate!
Sounds practical.

Best regards,

Doug