• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

getting feet wet

waimon wong jr

couple of shots testing out my new 50mm lens
C&C welcome

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

Canon EOS 4Ti
50mm f/1.8 II
f/2.5 ISO 12800

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
couple of shots testing out my new 50mm lens
C&C welcome

photo2.jpg

Canon EOS 4Ti
50mm f/1.8 II
f/2.5 ISO 12800

Waimon,

Pretty amazing camera. Do you realize how revolutionary the digital technology is? One could never get color at 12,800 ISO with film! No way.

Look how the color is so acceptable. We should always appreciate the value in this mass-produce marvel, the DSLR! A camera like this 30 years ago would have been worth about $50,000 if one could get one!

Also the plastic lens at f 1.8 is another bargain. you have great gear and a good eye. The selective focus and asymmetry work well together.

Asher

waimon wong jr

Thanks Ash, I almost didnt purchase the lens due to its plastic construction. But after using it I have come to like its performance.

Hi Waimon,

I love that little cheapo lens, for its price, the quality is very good. We call it the 'nifty fifty'.

Nice photographs also! :)
Maggie