• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

arTec unpacking video

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Karsten,

I was going to post that same link this morning for folks. That, BTW, is one of the best discussions and provides a little more than most photographers even might imagine about the subject. The diagrams to go with that are in a PDF here and explains the Schleimflug line, Scheimflug Rule and Hinge Line and Rule.

ShleimflufandHinge_rules.png

There are also 2 wonderful animated diagrams to go with this article.

Including this allows other readers to follow the discussion.

Asher

Thierry, you just beat me to it by seconds. Your diagrams are new to me and very helpful.

The "Hinge" line/rule is nothing other than a direct and logical consequence of the Scheimpflug rule (or call it "Carpentier" rule) which sets the limits of the depth of field (outer and inner), as well as its inclination (angle) and the respective resulting cone of sharpness: this is completely inter-twinned.

Thierry

Thanks Karsten,

I was going to post that same link this morning for folks. That, BTW, is one of the best discussions and provides a little more than most photographers even might imagine about the subject. The diagrams to go with that are in a PDF here and explains the Schleimflug line, Scheimflug Rule and Hinge Line and Rule.

There are also 2 wonderful animated diagrams to go with this article.

Including this allows other readers to follow the discussion.

Asher

Thierry, you just beat me to it by seconds. Your diagrams are new to me and very helpful.