• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pakistan Floods....

fahim mohammed

Most of you must have seen and/heard of the devastating floods that have taken place in Pakistan.

Most of you must have also seen numerous photos of this tragedy. The floods have not abated and continue to expand and devastate the southern part of Pakistan along their path.

Here are some photos I found especially moving. The photos are copyrighted by their respective authors and belong to the authors/Reuters/AP/Getty images. They are being used for purely information and documentation purposes. Please respect the necessary copyrights in this regard.

Saudi Arabia is doing its part to assist the people of Pakistan. With money, food, planes, transportation systems including search and rescue helicopters, medicines, and mobile field hospitals to name a few.

p1072321296.jpg

p960166854.jpg

p729665597.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Most of you must have seen and/heard of the devastating floods that have taken place in Pakistan.

Most of you must have also seen numerous photos of this tragedy. The floods have not abated and continue to expand and devastate the southern part of Pakistan along their path.

Here are some photos I found especially moving. The photos are copyrighted by their respective authors and belong to the authors/Reuters/AP/Getty images. They are being used for purely information and documentation purposes. Please respect the necessary copyrights in this regard.

Saudi Arabia is doing its part to assist the people of Pakistan. With money, food, planes, transportation systems including search and rescue helicopters, medicines, and mobile field hospitals to name a few.

Fahim,

This is a terrible tragedy of monumental proportions. It boggles the mind as to how anyone can help. Imagine if we went to volunteer, we'd use up food and water, just for our own survival. This kind of disaster has to be prepared for by regional organizations with ample depots of supplies. There's likely no infrastructure though which much of the aid can be actually distributed beyond ports and airfields.

So a country like Saudi Arabia with mobile field hospitals, logistics for supplying the aid workers and the aid, is ideal for a situation where there is grave suspicion of foreigners, especially the USA!

So this is a great opportunity for Saudi Arabia to take the lead in this! It really needs 50 countries to work together and even that will get to only a small percentage of those waiting for help!

Asher

fahim mohammed

A US Military helicopter brings much needed food and medicine to one of the flood hit areas in Pakistan.

Ayesha and myself have personally been in Swat, the area in the photograph. Swat, Hunza, Gilgit, Chittral
are northern areas of Pakistan bordering various countries. Beautiful for their people, beautiful for their
natural vistas. Valleys, mountains, rivers, forests.

Ayesha, of course was attracted by K2, the most dangerous ascent peak in the world. Bar none.
The most beautiful natural landscape on the Lord's earth. Bar none.

Now, the most devastating natural catastrophe to have befallen this region and country..bar none.

The terrain is treacherous and with the current floods, I can only imagine that their life-line would be the transport helicopters.

p628286316.jpg

Photo copyright by AP.