• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Normandy: catch the moment

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi

two weeks of travelling through one of the most beautiful regions of europe are done:
the valley of the river Seine between Paris and Le Havre and the Alabaster Coast around Etretat and Fecamp. Hiking, biking in an overwhelming landscape, lovely villages, sympathic people, fine food ...

Les Andelys near Rouen

Les Jardins de Monet at Giverny

Etretat's Porte d'Aval

catching the sunset at Etretat Beach

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wolfgang,

What a wonderful journey. I love this work!

If you just had this,

Etretat's Porte d'Aval​

It would have made your entire vacation worthy!

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi,

thanks for your kind annotations ... yes, Asher you are right, but: there is so much more ...
I will show some more photos here in this thread.

a special kind of sunset:

Asher Kelman

Hi,

thanks for your kind annotations ... yes, Asher you are right, but: there is so much more ...
I will show some more photos here in this thread.

a special kind of sunset:

Jarmo,

Sunsets, like school girls of 8 years old, in uniform, are all wonderful and sentimental. However one needs some hook or fingerprint to cause a picture to be distinguished.

This one street light works to suggest how to achieve identity! Great idea!

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Jarmo,

Sunsets, like school girls of 8 years old, in uniform, are all wonderful and sentimental. However one needs some hook or fingerprint to cause a picture to be distinguished.

This one street light works to suggest how to achieve identity! Great idea!

Asher

Thanks Asher! Although I'm not Wolfgang. Cheers, Jarmo

LOL!

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi Thank you all for visiting and your kind remarks on the pictures!

here ar two versions of some sort of sentimental memory on a biketour (ebikes, of course) from Etretat to Fecamp along the Albastercoast, reaching Yport:
I'd wonder which version you prefer ...

the Agfacolorversion (I like the rendering by Alien Skin's Exposure)

and a Platinumversion (rendered with Alien Skin, too)

Asher Kelman

Hi Thank you all for visiting and your kind remarks on the pictures!

here ar two versions of some sort of sentimental memory on a biketour (ebikes, of course) from Etretat to Fecamp along the Albastercoast, reaching Yport:
I'd wonder which version you prefer ...

the Agfacolorversion (I like the rendering by Alien Skin's Exposure)

and a Platinumversion (rendered with Alien Skin, too)

Wolfgang,

The original is a fine holiday memento while the second is a photograph to be treasured. Kudos for that ecmxtra effort. The best pictures are "made"! You did it well!

This is a fine example of the value of removing the distracting razzmatazz of color to reveal the, (allow me to add the descriptor "sentient"), texture and tonality underlying that unnecessary decoration. The monochrome version has remarkable tranquility and a sense of refuge that the original "holiday snap" lacks.

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi Asher

I agree with you, the first one is the sentimental one (I'm just thinking about doin the photobook about those days in Agfacolor as basic), the monochrome is for eternity ... :)))

Let's go one with monochrome:

Asher Kelman

Hi Asher

I agree with you, the first one is the sentimental one (I'm just thinking about doin the photobook about those days in Agfacolor as basic), the monochrome is for eternity ... :)))

Let's go one with monochrome:

Reminds me of Edward Weston's pictures of women!

Asher