• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Who Needs a Tripod

Robert Watcher

pic007.jpg

pic006.jpg

WHO NEEDS A TRIPOD! My wife took these shots of me tonight, while I was capturing the 2 night time street pics above. --------- I've never bothered taking a tripod with me in my travels. Only once or twice that I couldn't get a shot because I didn't have one. You could say I am literally a street photographer. LOL

pic009.jpg

pic008.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
pic007.jpg

pic006.jpg

WHO NEEDS A TRIPOD! My wife took these shots of me tonight, while I was capturing the 2 night time street pics above. --------- I've never bothered taking a tripod with me in my travels. Only once or twice that I couldn't get a shot because I didn't have one. You could say I am literally a street photographer. LOL

pic009.jpg

pic008.jpg

Excellent, Robert & wife!

This works, but in Italy at sunset a tripod is an extra facilitating treat, especially working with larger format and film!

Asher

Robert Watcher

There is always a place for a tripod. Of course. The title was just in fun. But factual too. I do not use a tripod. Sunsets, Cityscapes, shooting with 600mm lenses to capture animals in the jungle roof. I find ways to stabilize my camera for long exposures such as these I was taking at 15 to 30 seconds and longer - or the 2 seconds for the pic with red umbrellas --- by supporting my camera on whatever objects are available.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Robert,

WHO NEEDS A TRIPOD! My wife took these shots of me tonight, while I was capturing the 2 night time street pics above. --------- I've never bothered taking a tripod with me in my travels. Only once or twice that I couldn't get a shot because I didn't have one. You could say I am literally a street photographer.

All wonderful shots, and congratulations to your wife for the wonderful shots of you at work.

What is that machine you are shooting in those?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Robert Watcher

Hi, Robert,

All wonderful shots, and congratulations to your wife for the wonderful shots of you at work.

What is that machine you are shooting in those?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Thank you Doug. Do you mean what camera am I using? If so - Olympus EM10. If not, let me know what I am missing LOL.

-----------