• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Film: Old pictures from past, from at least 35 years old negatives

Ossi Raimi

The beginning of this year (2017) I got a cancer diagnose. My cancer (one of those non Hodgins lymphomas) was spread all over my body (stage IV). It was not so sure will I survive. Anyway, today there is no signs of cancer. However I must visit hospital at least once every month for test.
So I have had plenty of time to scan my old negatives; street photos, snapshots, family pictures etc…
Si here is small sample, mostly street snapshots (at least I hope that it will be a small sample, but I fear it won’t be so small…

_img1280.jpg

_img1280.jpg

_img1280.jpg

_img1280.jpg

_img1280.jpg

_img1280.jpg

All pictures from Helsinki, Finland and year was 1982
... more to come; C&C welcome and thanks for watching

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The beginning of this year (2017) I got a cancer diagnose. My cancer (one of those non Hodgins lymphomas) was spread all over my body (stage IV). It was not so sure will I survive. Anyway, today there is no signs of cancer. However I must visit hospital at least once every month for test.

Ossi,

Congrats on your fight with the man with the sickle. I am having him deported to a penal colony and locked in a kryptonite jail cell!

NHL is a challenge, but in the last 40 years, miraculous first vline treatments have been developed. Nowadays there are also other treatments in reserve, in case there is breakthough or recurrence. I wish you all the best in maintaining your health. Keep us informed and I can do research for you as needed, but NHL is not generally treatedc by Radiation Therapy, for the past 25 years as chemotherapy has become so effective.

Wishing you strength and enjoyment of everything around you that we take for granted!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Ossi,

This one is especially delightful! The girls, no doubt have kids of their own, perhaps even in college! Thanks for bringing these precious glimpses of the past to us. They are as fresh as the day they happened.

_img1280.jpg

I would never have guessed this was not a current picture. In fact all of the images look pretty modern. From here, in the USA, we would not guess that these are 35 years old.

I am so impressed with the bouncy, jumping, hopping gleeful energy of young children. We lose that to our detriment. It happens when we have to get busy with household chores, doing homework, stopping at a red light or paying taxes.

I am undiscuplined and in many ways am like the little kids, ready to jump with joy or be diassppointed.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Is this what I think it is, a "Jesus Saves!" sign?

_img1280.jpg

In any case, he has it backwards! Or perhaps one side has a scriptural quotation, and then this is the message for today coming from that?

Asher

Asher Kelman

_img1280.jpg

_img1280.jpg

_img1280.jpg

Ossi,

We appreciate the effort to scan your vintage work! Happy you have recovered your strength after the chemo, as it is draining!