Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Digital Camera Discussion > All other DSLR's and Four Thirds, 4/3

All other DSLR's and Four Thirds, 4/3 All DSLRs excluding Canon and Nikon mounts ie Sigma, Pentax, Olympus, Sony, Leica R Back DSLRs and 4/3 System

Old August 23rd, 2007, 06:55 AM

Default New Stuff

I took this snap of a day old baby a couple of days ago. Nothing special, but hand held with a
KM5D. 90 mm(135eq), f4.5, 1/10 second, and iso 800. The cameras announced in the last few days are impresive, but do not think they would let me do any better with my $100 dollar Sigma 24-135.
No new DSLR for me quite yet.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 08:42 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Hi Clayton,

With newborns, it's such a delight that any digicam would work wonders. After all, consumer digicams are so good that a lot of serious work can be done with them, apart from not being impressive.

Still, the color and tonality would be better recorded with wider dynamic range and color depth. The grandparents, for sure, and most others would not see any difference!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 02:43 PM

I was thinking more about the in body stabilization. Nikon and Canon still won't let me use the slow shutter speeds with cheap lenses. In that respect, you are right that many point and shoots will do a good job. I expect to go to the G9 for the IS, if it proves to be as good as I expect it to be.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 02:48 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

The G series of lenses have always been great apart from some minor chromatic aberration at the wide end which I don't worry about.

I wish it was a constant f 2.0! Still with RAW, high ISO, now presumably low noise, the camera should be a winner! Now which S series digicam will have the same sensor this time, as they usdually had in each series released together.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:01 PM

Default IS

Another one to make me like the in camera IS. This little fellow showed up today just as it was getting dark. His aunt wanted some pictures to enter in a baby food comercial contest. I explained that I have no studio or adequate lighting equipment so would need to do it in daylight, but I did sit him on our kitchen table and shot a couple in the available flourescent. This one is at 1/15 second, iso 800, 150mm(eq). Handheld.