• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

old school

Jim Galli

39PU12EurySeriesIIIs.jpg

behind the old monkey wards in tonopah, nv

Portrait Euryscop Series III #4 @f9 on full plate film

The Voigtlaender Euryscop is from 1899, camera 1929, truck 1939, photographer..........scary old. A guy was walking up the street with a 12 pack. Apparently I was more entertaining than whatever was on TV.

Film format; 6½X8½ inch.

film scan. not printed.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
39PU12EurySeriesIIIs.jpg

behind the old monkey wards in tonopah, nv

Portrait Euryscop Series III #4 @f9 on full plate film

The Voigtlaender Euryscop is from 1899, camera 1929, truck 1939, photographer..........scary old. A guy was walking up the street with a 12 pack. Apparently I was more entertaining than whatever was on TV.

Film format; 6½X8½ inch.

film scan. not printed.

So what is the film plate? Is this something you have to make or you can buy them?

Asher

Jim Galli

So what is the film plate? Is this something you have to make or you can buy them?

Asher

It has film holders like an 8X10, but smaller. They are hard to find. No one has made new ones since 1923. I guess Chamonix is making them now but I don't know if they used the old Eastman standard, ie. interchangeable with the old ones. I cut the film out of 9.5" width 125' long rolls of Kodak Aerial Recon Panatomic X, or Plus X. Ilford does a cut once a year, but I'm too cheap to buy the lovely Ilford.

Charlotte Thompson

Jim

OHHHH I really like the antquity of this- your work is mostly in this genre and it suits you- it is always so cool -
My grandfather used to have a truck like this/red I really loved that truck

Charlotte-

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
What I find so fascinating is that an image like this, taken in the age of the iphone, can without pretence or trickery, look like it was taken 60 years ago prior. An inspiration for my own work.