• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Old "cityscapes" from Helsinki, Finland

Ossi Raimi

From my old scanned negatives:

_img1280.jpg

_img1280.jpg

_img1280.jpg

_img1280.jpg

_img1280.jpg

Thanks for watching, C&C welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ossi,

How did I miss these 6 months ago! Glad the pictures have resurfaced and we get a new opportunity to enjoy them.

All the pictures except one could have been take. Today somewhere in Los Angeles as the industrial processes have not evolved much for smaller companies. As long as equipment can be patched up, everything looks the same for 50 years!

This one picture of yours, however is unique in that the “caravans”, (or “camping trailers” as you might call them), seem to date from the 1950’s or so. Well after the Second World War, folk has enough money to venture forth with their new family of loved ones and explore the countrysides.

_img1280.jpg

Many soldiers who had been matched or ferried from one military theater to another had learned about the arts of outdoor camping and the joy of feeling nature away from the visuals of Ciry life.

Today, the caravans are more boxy and aerodynamic and “modern”. These originals could be mass produced with simpler techniques and therefore sold at economical price levels!

This picture is so evocative of that time!

Asher