• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Ultra Achromatic Takumar 4.5 / 85mm does flower

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Took my (one of about 30 still in existence) Ultra Achromatic Takumar 4.5 / 85mm out to shoot a Rudbeckia hirta flower on my balcony, mounted on a (modified) Olympus M5 Mk II.

Visible light (using UV/IR Cut filter):
original.jpg

Reflected UV (ultraviolet) light (using a 2" Baader-U UV transmitting filter):
original.jpg

Diptych:
original.jpg

Nice how excellent this rather old lens performs (introduced to the market in 1968) without focus shift or any CA.
Pentax made use of some the first grown synthetic calcium fluorite crystals (and fused silica = quartz).
Lens is here: http://macrolenses.de/ml_detail_sl.php?ObjektiveNr=239

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yes, Klaus, this is an exceptionally fine lens and made of unobtanium!

This would make a great portrait lens!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Yes, Klaus, this is an exceptionally fine lens and made of unobtanium!

This would make a great portrait lens!

Asher

Well, I have two nearly identical sets, one prospective buyer just dropped out, here comes your chance to get one of the still existing about 30 sets ;-)