• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The field.

Jerome Marot

tumblr_oyyv64QroB1wgz7vxo1_1280.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Jerome,

This is a dramatic picture. The scene is packed with abundant vibrant vegetation. One has the feeling that anything could grow there.

But the solitary figure with a tool, (perhaps a pick, pole or club) is so strong and compelling. Is he angry, about to go hunting or what? But the form of the composition is horizontal and including so much of the landscape on the right should create a tranquil scene.

So what is your intent. Surely, the figure must be important yet the title is just "The Field", which, at the least , is an understatement!

Asher

Jerome Marot

That tool is a hoe, one of the oldest agricultural tools. The blacksmith in the other thread was forming hoe blades.
Most of the fields I saw were worked by hand with a hoe. That gives a different appearance to the fields as they are no regular straight features (as happens with a plough) and because different crops are often planted together.

Asher Kelman

Ithis is a rich image indeed.

It is successful.

Still I would love to see a portrait version, framing the man, as he is superbly imaged and one can imagine things from a different perspective.

I even can see a white border around a portrait framing of the man with the hoe within the original unchanged horizontal picture of the scene, as it is.

Not often that one has such a picture.

Asher

Asher Kelman

So, Jerome, when are you going to disclose the location of your wonderful pictures and the circumstance of this magnificent visit!

Asher