• Guide: Pictures are the best way of describing what is for sale. Please describe any nicks, defects, missing parts and if a lens or camera, source and serial number, if available.

The recycling of unused gear helps this community! Good luck!
  • This forum is for contributors with a track record of substantial posts on phottography. Post such as "great picture" don't count. We routinely soft-delete "for sale" posts from those who have not, as yet, really participated as described above.
  • Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

FS: Zeiss + Leitz special macro lenses, Canon MP-E 65mm

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Selling:

zeiss jena mikrotar 45mm 4,5, condition mint, 250€
zeiss jena mikrotar 30mm 4,5, condition mint, 100€
zeiss jena apochromat 6,3/0,20 160/- , condition A, 50€
zeiss jena 1,25-0,8 (adjustable iris) HI 90, condition B+, 70€

zeiss jena apochromat HI 100/1,32 160/0,17, condition A, 70€
zeiss jena HI 100/1,25 160/0,17 -A (adjustable iris) , condition A - , 70€

zeiss jena Planachromat HI 100/1,25 160/0,17, condition B-, 40€

zeiss jena Planachromat 10/0,25 160/- , condition B

zeiss jena Planachromat 40/0,65 160/0,17, condition C-, 10€

zeiss jena Semiplan 3,2/0,10 160/-, condition mint, 50€

Zeiss West Luminar 40mm, 2nd to last series
(different barrel, but same optics as last series) condition mint, 500€

Leitz Photar 1.9/12.5mm, condition mint, 300€

Canon Japan, Macro Photo Lens MP-E, 65mm f2.8 EOS bajonet, condition mint. 660€

Pentax 67 auto bellows 6x7, condition mint, 251€

all prices plus shipping cost, bank transfer net or Paypal (+ 4%)

Dr Klaus Schmitt

These are special macro lenses that may be used on any camera (up to 4x5" format) using a suitable bellows (or tubes / helicoids) having a (easy to get) RMS mount adaptor. These lenses deliver very high resolution, the Luminars for instance up to 380lpm (line pairs per millimeter) or nearly 10.000 lpi as per Zeiss documents (and my own measurements).

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
These are special macro lenses that may be used on any camera (up to 4x5" format) using a suitable bellows (or tubes / helicoids) having a (easy to get) RMS mount adaptor. These lenses deliver very high resolution, the Luminars for instance up to 380lpm (line pairs per millimeter) or nearly 10.000 lpi as per Zeiss documents (and my own measurements).

So how large a magnification could I make. I can go to 4X5, 8X10 or even 20x24 or greater. I could mount one on a lensboard and make exposure on to Cibachrome or transparencies.

Then enlarge further.

What lenses would you recommend? PM me!

Asher

Bob Latham

Klaus,

How do you think the Zeiss Jena Mikrotar 30/4.5 would hold up against my Canon Macrophoto 20/3.5 in the resolution stakes?

Thanks in anticipation.

Bob

Jerome Marot

They have that resolution only at the center, I suppose?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Klaus,

I have been woefully, (and I should add, shamefully remiss), in not following up on your information on these unusually performing optics. Part of the reason, although insufficient, is due to my lack of experience with the lens mounts, adapters and high resolution imaging chain to take advantage of the potential of the high quality optics you are offering for sale.

So here are a few basic, and I admit, even simpleton questions that would be helpful in better understanding lenses that few of us have ever encountered.

Selling:

zeiss jena apochromat 6,3/0,20 160/- , condition A, 50€

Is this

focal length 6.3mm?

zeiss jena 1,25-0,8 (adjustable iris) HI 90, condition B+, 70€

What's the focal length?

zeiss jena apochromat HI 100/1,32 160/0,17, condition A, 70€
zeiss jena HI 100/1,25 160/0,17 -A (adjustable iris) , condition A - , 70€

zeiss jena Planachromat HI 100/1,25 160/0,17, condition B-, 40€

What does HI stand for?

zeiss jena Semiplan 3,2/0,10 160/-, condition mint, 50€

Is that really 3.2 mm? What can it be used for?

Zeiss West Luminar 40mm, 2nd to last series
(different barrel, but same optics as last series) condition mint, 500€

What LF could this 40mm Luminar project to? Can this cover 8x10?

Can the 40mm luminar used with an adapter on my Canon 5D2 or my Eos 3 film camera and then what's the advantage with the current sensor or compared to the 50 macro. A very naive set of questions, and therefore few might ask. You may have answered these points elsewhere, but having the information here, in one place would be most helpful.

If I used 35 mm film or adapted it to my Bronica 21/4 SQ, what film would be available to capture the detail the lens might present?

At 40mm it could be used for macro, of course but also, perhaps, as a nice walk around or even portrait lens on a Canon Eos film camera or as a very wide angle landscape lens on a MF camera. But that's just my conjecture.

If one had the film camera combo for such lenses then they might appear to the less expert of us, more useful for our shooting.

Thanks, :) :)

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Klaus,

I have been woefully, (and I should add, shamefully remiss), in not following up on your information on these unusually performing optics. Part of the reason, although insufficient, is due to my lack of experience with the lens mounts, adapters and high resolution imaging chain to take advantage of the potential of the high quality optics you are offering for sale.

So here are a few basic, and I admit, even simpleton questions that would be helpful in better understanding lenses that few of us have ever encountered.

Is this

focal length 6.3mm?

What's the focal length?

What does HI stand for?

Is that really 3.2 mm? What can it be used for?

What LF could this 40mm Luminar project to? Can this cover 8x10?

Can the 40mm luminar used with an adapter on my Canon 5D2 or my Eos 3 film camera and then what's the advantage with the current sensor or compared to the 50 macro. A very naive set of questions, and therefore few might ask. You may have answered these points elsewhere, but having the information here, in one place would be most helpful.

If I used 35 mm film or adapted it to my Bronica 21/4 SQ, what film would be available to capture the detail the lens might present?

At 40mm it could be used for macro, of course but also, perhaps, as a nice walk around or even portrait lens on a Canon Eos film camera or as a very wide angle landscape lens on a MF camera. But that's just my conjecture.

If one had the film camera combo for such lenses then they might appear to the less expert of us, more useful for our shooting.

Thanks, :) :)

Asher

Asher,

only real special macro lenses like the Luminar (or Photar) are useful for your needs. The ones mentioned before are microscope lenses that project a max. 20mm image diameter and the first number is the magnification (microscope lenses are not given in focal length, but resulting magnification, assuming a 160mm or 210mm tube length). The number after the slash is the Numerical Aperture (NA). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objective_(optics)

A 40mm Luminar for instance can only be used for macro shots of about 4 - 16x magnification depending on extension (bellows) length and film/sensor size; not suited for "normal" photography.

More as PM.

Cheers + my best,

Klaus