• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

William alive.. before he left us for The Beyond

Charlotte Thompson

Ah Asher
So true. He, such a trickster. I caught him watching for the trick Ha! He hated being photographed too.
The trickster was tricked.

Charlotte-

Charlotte Thompson

Nicolas
Thank you. I love your idea of eternity... This idea of yours is unique and should be exploed. I do know that it does speak to our soul in intricate way- It does live and it does beat!

C-

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Nicolas
Thank you. I love your idea of eternity... This idea of yours is unique and should be exploed. I do know that it does speak to our soul in intricate way- It does live and it does beat!

C-
Charlotte :)
As I'm not a believer, souls doesn't speak to me. Hence "Spirit". Could be replaced by "consciousness"
But I like "Spirit" it covers more than "memory", "mind" " or "consciousness "

Anyway that's what I feel about the persons who are gone already (always too early), Dad, Mum, brother and close friends…

Charlotte Thompson

Nicolas...

I maintain that truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organize a belief. A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organize it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallized; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others”
― Jiddu Krishnamurti, Krishnamurti: 100 Years

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Nicolas...

I maintain that truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organize a belief. A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organize it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallized; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others”

Charlotte,

I know you know but still: The problem with religions (sects and whatsoever) is "to be imposed on others"

Nicolas...

I maintain that truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect.....

Maybe it is churlish to intervene but Krishnamurti makes the same intellectual blunder as generations of first year philosophy students.

Here's the question: Is Krishnamurti's statement quoted above TRUE or FALSE? If it is TRUE then there is at least one truth, the statement itself, that can be approached by a path, the path of assertion. But therein lies a fatal contradiction.

If Krishnamurti's statement is FALSE then TRUTH can be approached by a path, perhaps by a path as simple and facile as mere declaration.

Dear Krishnamurti, long gone now, is still influential and worth calling to account when he stumbles. It is not solely his fault but the regrettable philosophy of Relativism, where anybody's "truth" is different, changeable, personal, and equally valid as anybody else's has metastasized from mystical musings such as his.

William James was one of America's greatest philosophers but it is not him who is here farewelled. Vale William James.

Charlotte Thompson

Marius

you leave out the best explanation-
That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organize a belief. A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organize it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallized; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others”