• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Engagement session

Benny Angene

Hello, here is a photo from an engagement session that I did a while back. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

0M9A7819.jpg

0M9A7819_Engagement.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Doug Kerr

Hi, Benny

Hello, here is a photo from an engagement session that I did a while back. Any suggestions?

For openers. I would suggest that the images you post here not be any wider than about 800 px so the viewers don't have to scroll around them to see all the parts.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I had no idea that that was the issue, LOL, but I kept on having to shrink it to see it fully!

Good catch, Doug!

Asher Kelman

Thanks!

0M9A7819_Engagement.jpg

Hi Bennie,

First the picture is delightful and the choice of clothes with is just so civil and fun. I like her simple but cultivated dress style, almost formal.

I would, myself want to crop away the empty space on the left as it brings no extra worth or strength to an already pleasent picture. It is always good to allow the extra space for a woman's flowing hair, curves or clothes.

Please share more so we get to see their full faces in different situations.

But for sure the couple will be thrilled. BTW, for those suspenders, seek out extra wide ones!

Asher

Last edited:

Benny Angene

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, I appreciate it. Also, sorry about the picture being too wide for most screens. I'll fix that next time. Thanks!

Asher Kelman

Hi Bennie,

I have, with your permission, added a smaller version for those of us who are screen challenged! :)

Asher

Benny Angene

The couple is of Cuban descent and there fore some of the clothes were chosen based on the fact that they wanted a Cuban themed wedding so we went with some Cuban type dress for the engagement photography as well. I find that being relaxed and natural opens the way for the couple to be natural as well. Nobody is really ever natural in front of a camera so this goes a long way to having a great couple to shoot.

Here are more photos from the series and one from the wedding.

dan1-e1468539604812.jpg

dan2-e1468539662219.jpg

dan3-e1468539748608.jpg

dan4-e1468539814852.jpg

Dan5-e1468539901281.jpg

dan6-e1468540025315.jpg

Michael Ritter

Hi Bennie,

First the picture is delightful and the choice of clothes with is just so civil and fun. I like her simple but cultivated dress style, almost formal.

I would, myself want to crop away the empty space on the left as it brings no extra worth or strength to an already pleasent picture. It is always good to allow the extra space for a woman's flowing hair, curves or clothes.

Please share more so we get to see their full faces in different situations.

But for sure the couple will be thrilled. BTW, for those suspenders, seek out extra wide ones!

Asher
I love the vintage style pictures!

Doug Kerr

Hi, Benny,

"A camera doesn't make a person a wedding photographer no more [sic] than a garage makes a person a car" - Unknown​

Sure. Still, it's always best to have a camera along when shooting a wedding.

In any case, beautiful work.

Best regards,

Doug

Hey Benny,

Great job with Great Shots!! I love the way the images are captured along with background and clothes that suits the theme perfectly. Nice wedding session.

Regards

Asher Kelman

Welcome back, Roshni!

Glad you brought back attention to these happy wedding photographs. They do deserve looking at again. We can bathe in this joy!

Asher

Marius Pavell

Great expression. BUT! Look at her legs, you can see the celulite! That isn't great. You must photoshop them or crop the images

Asher Kelman

Great expression. BUT! Look at her legs, you can see the celulite! That isn't great. You must photoshop them or crop the images

Marius,

In commenting, think of the fact that potential buyers and clients for weddings are watching here too. I would focus on positive comments and leave even valid negative comments to

1. Those you you know and where there is a request for your full unreserved opinion

2. Private correspondence with the photographer, if he or she already knows you.

3. Being “right” doesn’t qualify us to “take bread of someone else’s table”, so like when we plan to touch someone’s face, hands or body, one needs some definitive sign of consent.

Now I happen to celebrate beauty as it’s packaged by God, nature or happenstance. When we try to perfect everything we endanger the human spirit, for these deviations are actually part of the inherent status of life and balance.

I happen to delight in these pictures and would hire Benny Angene in an instant and trust his judgement. He celebrates the pulse of the joyous couple and that’s the entire point of the wedding photographer, recording that for posterity!

Variations in everything allow us to exercise choice.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, James,

Welcome aboard.

This is a really strong image that I am sure your clients will love. The only thing I might suggest is the guy puts his hand on hers but I am really nit picking here ! Great shot!

His hands may have been busy elsewhere at the time.

Best regards,

Doug

SandyNewman

Thats is very important event in your own life and you are in a big need to be ready. Of course, the best photographers cost a lot of money. But you can also find a diamond among beginners. And you're lucky, because I know one. We hired him for our engagement ceremony and the photos turned out were just perfect. So you can check his blog and also checkout his portfolio here.