• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: In search of the Lost Ark...

fahim mohammed

p854744853-6.jpg

Portrait by Ayesh. Jordan.
Df, 24-120mm f/4 vr

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
p854744853-6.jpg

Portrait by Ayesh. Jordan.
Df, 24-120mm f/4 vr

Salutations, Ayesha!

I can imagine that journey. Forget about Indy, I think it is still somewhere hidden. It has been rumored it's in Ethiopia. Did you here otherwise? I wonder what would happen if they found it!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
How delightful.

Someone else has a wife who takes pictures. Good ones to boot.

Jordan is one of my favourite countries. I've spent much time there taking in the landscape, history and culture.

I'm sure I've seen this bloke before. I didn't know he was still looking.

That backdrop gives me goose bumps, Fahim.

Cheers

Tom

Andy brown

Gorgeous image.
Fahim, all of Ayesha's shots are impressive.
Is she likely to make an appearance herself or is she scared of all the grumpy old farts on here?

fahim mohammed

Asher,Tom, Andy...thanks for stopping by.

Asher, all studies indicate it is located within Turkey. Most likely not far from Iraq's borders.

Ethiopia, is a ' wish '. Not supported by any serious scientific study or academic research.

There is a religious faction, the 6000 year creation crowd, that insist the Ark rested on Mt. Ararat, in Turkey. Genesis, as their source. But there is one issue. In Genesis, it mentions the ' mountains of Ararat '. Not the peak of the mountain known as Ararat!!!! Actually it refers to a region in Turkey known as Urartu. Like the Alps. But which mountain, in the Alps?

Most studies indicate around Lake Van in Turkey, eyesight of Iraq and Syrian borders; near the mouth of river Tigris which originates there. Overlooking Mesopotamia. Noah's birthplace..village of Nisir.

What would we do if it was found? Bring it to the Smithsonian for ' safekeeping '.

If people could cart the Obelisk from Egypt to Paris and Britain; why not this to the Smithsonian? As we shall find a lot of Iraqi relics in world museums and private collections...given as gifts.

fahim mohammed

Thanks Tom.

Like me, she gets lucky. But I tell her it is her' 'vision ' and craft. Keeps her happy.

The poor bloke has been searching in the wrong place all these years. Someone should tell him. He can get of his mule!

Best regards.

fahim mohammed

Andy, she conveys her thanks.

For the moment she seems to be content with just me posting the pix ( her word ) she makes.

Kindest regards.

fahim mohammed

Indiana Jones, went through this Siq ( gorge ) before glimpsing at the Khaznah ( treasury ) of Petra.

Here my friend decided to fly in and out of the Siq. Because she could not find a horse..and for the want of a horse..but that is another story!

p808337688-6.jpg

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Thanks Tom.

Like me, she gets lucky. But I tell her it is her' 'vision ' and craft. Keeps her happy.

The poor bloke has been searching in the wrong place all these years. Someone should tell him. He can get of his mule!

Best regards.

Christine is a keen photographer as well. I would not dare to tell her she is 'lucky', only to have me as her partner. My life plan to to ensure her contentment.

The idea of anyone searching for an ark at all is like searching for the contents of the hole in a donut.
Then again, you know my position on all that stuff. We'll leave it a that.

Love the last shot.

Tom
Xx

fahim mohammed

Keeps people busy. Searching for things, that is.

Thanks for stopping by.

Christine is a keen photographer as well. I would not dare to tell her she is 'lucky', only to have me as her partner. My life plan to to ensure her contentment.

The idea of anyone searching for an ark at all is like searching for the contents of the hole in a donut.
Then again, you know my position on all that stuff. We'll leave it a that.

Love the last shot.

Tom
Xx

Peter Dexter

I like the one of the woman jumping. She must be pretty athletic. It also must have been quite chilly where the photo was taken or so it looks.

It may not have been practical at the time but you might have considered backing up in the first one to get the mule's legs in.

Asher Kelman

Indiana Jones, went through this Siq ( gorge ) before glimpsing at the Khaznah ( treasury ) of Petra.

Here my friend decided to fly in and out of the Siq. Because she could not find a horse..and for the want of a horse..but that is another story!

p808337688-6.jpg

This is a fabulous image of joy.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Hi, Tom,

To assure the contentment of a good woman is the most profitable enterprise known to man.

Best regards,

Doug

I beg to modify your emphasis, Doug. ?

I would argue that giving more attention, devotion and support to one's offspring ?, does that and so much more!

Without it, we breed criminals and dependents,.......... and with it the future of civil society and our legacy is supported.

?

Asher

Doug Kerr

I thought perhaps the reference was to the lost arc, years ago a cause of motion picture screens going dark.

Best regards,

Doug