• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The non existing Browall Photographic Gallery in Sweden ...

Another weird project.

This time I have invented a photographic gallery, www.browalls.se ...

To make the gallery believable I just started some things on Facebook, to fool people. So I got a friend of mine to act as a curator of the gallery, and thats the made up reason they hired me to take his portrait, for an article about the him, new curator, in the first issue of the Browalls magazine.

artikeln_fix_800.jpg

And then I also got the opportunity to document the facilities. Here is a selfie using a Fisheye lens ( Peleng 8mm ) on a 40d. Im holding my 50d II. And behind me are the unusual statues with camera heads .

selfie_fisheye_statyer.jpg

A 360 PANORAMA of the gallery is here http://www.browalls.se/pano

If you put the Fisheye on the floor pointing upwards you get a fun angle ...

selfie_fish_floor1.jpg

The gallery also has a panorama section for wide images like this one of Tatiana Baronova, the russian ballerina.

tatiana_amfi_staty_800.jpg

More Tatiana.

drottningholm_800.jpg

Images from 4 exhibitions on the site ( www.browalls.se )

--------

Its a strange but fun way to show one's images, under different names,in a exclusive, non existent galleries =)

Jerome Marot

Where is the "like" button when you need it?

This is brilliant on many levels. I have a feeling that this is also much more important than it seems. We live in a "post truth" society. Vanity galleries or pay for print fake magazine are a dime a dozen. Maybe you captured more of the Zeitgeist than you bargained for.

You could probably make good money with the Browall photography gallery. Just think about it.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I know the struggle in selling from a real gallery, LOL, but this is brilliant. Your work is superb on so many levels as Jerome has implied.

If "post truth" could usher in more art like this, then I am a follower!

Asher

Thanks.

I have now added a small video from the non existent gallery =). Its at the bottom of the page, and shows the camera statues and the surroundings, and has specially made music =).

www.browalls.se