• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Amazing content aware tools with affinity photo

Robert Watcher

Yes Photoshop has Content Aware tools - but I really like the Inpainting Brush and Inpainting Fill tools available with Affinity Photo.

I threw together this video where I show real images being drastically improved in only a few seconds. Electric lines are easily replaced with sky, content is created where there was none, and great images of musicians performing are dramatically improved with a touch of the Inpainting Brush.

For some reason I have just never caught on to the content replacement tools in Photoshop. I'm sure the results are similar to what is being accomplished in Affinity Photo. I just find this program to be effortless and gives me a great head start to retouching - - - quickly.

Last edited:

Doug Kerr

Hi, Robert,

Yes Photoshop has Content Aware tools - but I really like the Inpainting Brush and Inpainting Fill tools available with Affinity Photo.

In threw together this video where I show real images being drastically improved in only a few seconds. Electric lines are easily replaced with sky, content is created where there was none, and great images of musicians performing are dramatically improved with a touch of the Inpainting Brush.

For some reason I have just never caught on to the content replacement tools in Photoshop. I'm sure the results are similar to what is being accomplished in Affinity Photo. I just find this program to be effortless and gives me a great head start to retouching - - - quickly.
Thank you so for this report.

I look forward eagerly to the arrival of the public beta version of Affinity Photo for Windows. (As you know, I recently got involved, by mistake, with the public beta version of Affinity Designer - the sister "illustration program" - for Windows!)

Best regards,

Doug

Robert Watcher

Hi, Robert,

Thank you so for this report.

I look forward eagerly to the arrival of the public beta version of Affinity Photo for Windows. (As you know, I recently got involved, by mistake, with the public beta version of Affinity Designer - the sister "illustration program" - for Windows!)

Best regards,

Doug

I do graphic design work on occassion and thinking about adding Affinity Designer to my arsenal in the future. Going back to the 1990's I was a heavy user of Corel Draw with my PC Workstation. I did a lot of design work for companies during those years.

Over the past 8 or 9 years however, I have increasingly relied on my Macbooks to handle all of my heavy work. I just never had the inclination to spend the huge amount of money on Adobe Illustrator or to invest the time needed to learn a new program. And so for any graphic designer work I have had - I just worked within the limitations of Photoshop.

But to have a full fledged dedicated Design application from Affinity - at such a reasonable price - for my Mac ---- is getting very tempting.

------

Doug Kerr

Hi, Robert,

I do graphic design work on occassion and thinking about adding Affinity Designer to my arsenal in the future. Going back to the 1990's I was a heavy user of Corel Draw with my PC Workstation. I did a lot of design work for companies during those years.

Over the past 8 or 9 years however, I have increasingly relied on my Macbooks to handle all of my heavy work. I just never had the inclination to spend the huge amount of money on Adobe Illustrator or to invest the time needed to learn a new program. And so for any graphic designer work I have had - I just worked within the limitations of Photoshop.

But to have a full fledged dedicated Design application from Affinity - at such a reasonable price - for my Mac ---- is getting very tempting.

Yes, and now that I have the Windows beta version of Affinity Designer installed, I plan to see what I can learn about it.

I use Corel Draw (the slightly-lesser of Corel's two "illustration" programs) for my "vector drawing" work, which is mostly what I might call "technical sketches".

I had for many years used Micrografx Designer (which was eventually absorbed by Corel), but various functionalities would no longer work properly under modern versions of Windows so I had to move on.

Best regards,

Doug