• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Drones can't beat helicopter !

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
We're sometimes asked how we get our aerial shots…
Of course, as most of the pros we do have a drone and a license.
It helps sometimes, but when one talk about high res pics, drones our lost, not to say when one need to shoot photos AND video in the same (short) time…
I can argue more, but that's not really interesting (imho)

WR9E4483_heli.jpg

This was shot by Lorenz Koch when he was working at Sinar and lend me a camera for a one year intensive tests in 2008 or was it in 2009?​

It is not so brave, we have harnesses and the best pilots!
Usually we do not lean out like this, something may have happened so we both did need to get out… but just for a short while… Being outside like this is not that good because the wind brings a lot of vibrations to the cameras…

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I see how relaxed Romain is.

You, Nicolas, have wound your left foot around a strut to stabilize yourself. Pretty smart!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Holy Cow! Well, way braver than I would ever be that is for sure! :) Maggie

Bonjour Maggie
Thank you for stopping by.
Shooting from helicopter, yo just can't be scared because if you are you'll just be unable to shoot a single pic!
It happened to me twice to be scared. Really… but it was the pilot's faults, not the chopper.
But it happened to me much more times to be scared while crossing the street!

Doug Kerr

Hi. Nicolas,

WR9E4483_heli.jpg

This was shot by Lorenz Koch when he was working at Sinar and lend me a camera for a one year intensive tests in 2008 or was it in 2009?​
A wonderful shot of two extraordinary artists each with their weapon of choice.

And congratulations as well to the photographer of the shot. How was it done?

Best regards,

Doug