• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Polo

Gary Ayala

Snaps from Will Rogers (Los Angeles) versus Dallas can be found here:

http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/5364787_Gzota#328372765_Rrhgr

The is the second polo match I've attended. The whole thing was way too relaxing to work hard. Even the match was relaxing with 7 minute Chukkas then a 15 minute rest. I was hoping to see these wild cavalry charges with horses and riders slamming into each other at full gallop ... nope ... not gonna happen ... a great games for old men and Nuns. All-in-all a very enjoyable and restful experience.

Gary

328372765_Rrhgr-L-1.jpg

328370862_7dHr8-L.jpg

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Nice Action

Gary,

Nice action shots. Can you clone out the trash can's Waste Management sign on the first one? My eye wants to wander there and it takes away from the excellence of your image. Those images really shine! Bravo.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Gary,

I really want to see a wild match once I get the rules. I expected guys to be dropping down to the sides of their horse like Cossacks, fighting in the dust for the puck or whatever its called. Do we have to go to Afghanistan to see real action?

This seems pretty well mannered and the little dog in your pictures didn't seem too scare about the whole thing!

Asher

Gary Ayala

Gary,

Nice action shots. Can you clone out the trash can's Waste Management sign on the first one? My eye wants to wander there and it takes away from the excellence of your image. Those images really shine! Bravo.

Thanks Kathy ... yes a bit of cloning will help. Again, thanks for the suggestion.

Gary

Gary Ayala

Gary,

I really want to see a wild match once I get the rules. I expected guys to be dropping down to the sides of their horse like Cossacks, fighting in the dust for the puck or whatever its called. Do we have to go to Afghanistan to see real action?

This seems pretty well mannered and the little dog in your pictures didn't seem too scare about the whole thing!

Asher

Here I'm ready for Afghanistan when you are. It was quite well mannered and civil. I was just wanting something a bit different ... little more blood. Next time will be prepared for the relaxing experience with a cooler, some cavier and cheeses .. and Cookie (my Wheaten Terrier).

Too much of this for my tastes ...

328369248_zTrpH-L.jpg

Gary

PS- The happy little dog trotting along the horses after the match was great.
G

Cem_Usakligil

Sorry ... so what then is a chukka?
No answers yet?

Never mind that, I just wanted to say that I found these pictures to be amazing Gary.

The first pic is a classic but the second one is a great capture. Even the horses seem to be enjoying the game.

Thanks for showing.

Cheers,