• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pro BodyBuilding

Ian L. Sitren

pro member
I was thinking that this is something you might not see otherwise.

This is 3 minutes of photos at the 2007 Arnold in Columbus Ohio. The Arnold is one of the two most prestigious competitions in the world. Approximately 160,000 people come though the gates during that 3 day weekend.

This is what it is like shooting up front and center in the photo pit.

http://blip.tv/file/217683

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ian,

Must be unique look at these special athletes. One sees them strutting a bathing suit and also in gymnastic feats. Still a number of them do somehow retain femininity. several look frighteningly powerful. If you marry one make sure she really love you!

I wonder how many of these women are taking steroid? Some of the contestant do seem over developed and defined, but that's a taste I guess.

Asher

Gary Ayala

a Mr. Universe contest ...

28693886_EGmXA-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

When was that, Gary?

I guess that's film? The guy is good looking. Did you get any more? There's power there but also a lot of grace.

Asher

Gary Ayala

Hey Asher-

Late 70's .. Tri-X pushed to 1600. This was an assignment .. so The Times or OC News has the negs ... just an extra unpublished print I found in that box. I remember this event because at half-time/intermission, when the stage curtain was closed, a number of us posed and flexed for photos with the "Mr. Universe" sign in the background.

Gary

Asher Kelman

Ian,

That is an amazing picture! The pose and concentration on the flexing of the muscles is very focused. What's so impressive is the amazing form of each anatomical part is displayed as if in a Gray's anatomy illustration.

I wonder how easy it is to achieve this definition without steroids? His feet are missing but strangely enough, it doesn't seem to matter much. I wonder why?

Asher

Ian L. Sitren

pro member
Gary,

I have done some checking around and your photo is guessed to be a somewhat famous bodybuilder named Andreas Cahling. He has gone on to be a successful businessman with his own line of "posing" suits and well known in the business. I thought he looked familiar to me but just couldn't place him.

Gary Ayala

Gary,

I have done some checking around and your photo is guessed to be a somewhat famous bodybuilder named Andreas Cahling. He has gone on to be a successful businessman with his own line of "posing" suits and well known in the business. I thought he looked familiar to me but just couldn't place him.

Thanks Ian ... the shot was taken in Santa Monica, IIRC. I sorta remember that he was not an American. That white hair is probably his moniker.

Gary