• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

TTF Fastpitch Softball

Jeff Mims

Thru the Fence...
because, no field access today. Didn't bring a step ladder, fences were too high to shoot over. So I tried to get something. I didn't know till I got home, if I had anything. All shot with D300/300 f/2.8VR

102005472.jpg

102005474.jpg

102005466.jpg

102005464.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Jeff,

Ladder or no ladder, you still got them! I especially like the isolation of the woman in the first picture. She certainly has grit, focus and determination. The expressions on their faces supports my theory that women have not learned to suppress their emotions like we men seem to do, or perhaps they just have more to spill out to the world. Or maybe you selected the ones which showed the most effort and anguish!

Thanks for sharing your sports pictures!

Asher

Jeff Mims

Thank you for your comments.
I think all the girls were emotional. These teams are rivals, and usually the score is only a difference of one run. Factor in bad weather, muddy field, humid hot...it was a tough game. Actually two..a double header.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Jeff,

Thru the Fence...
because, no field access today. Didn't bring a step ladder, fences were too high to shoot over. So I tried to get something. I didn't know till I got home, if I had anything.

"A league of their own!"

Fabulous work. Thanks for letting us see it.

Jeff Mims

Thanks Nill..
I'm not making excuses...ok I am, but these are good ones. :)
I was shooting thru the fence, but had narrow fields of view, and only so far I could back up to shoot from. I agree about the pitcher's feet, but felt some shots were better than none. I shoot for my local paper, and for the school. Not really much I could do in post with the pitcher shots.
As for the tag out shot...I can crop and do something with that one. Thanks for the comments and advice.
Appreciated.