• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Army way

Doug Kerr

This is not my cinematography, but I'm very proud of what it shows.

Carla's son, Sergeant First Class Lawrence R. Henry, U. S. Army, a career soldier, is a trombonist and vocalist with the 77th U. S. Army Band (the band of the Infantry) at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. He is also their logistic officer.

This clip from YouTube shows his performance at the recent Christmas concert by one of the Band's small concert ensembles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_MKOttS7KA&p=80FAEBBC8C4A727E

Watch to the end of the track, or skip to 4:15. The quick-change costume was engineered and constructed by Carla.

If you wish, let the player automatically advance to the next track, Larry's vocal rendition of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town".

Larry is a wonderful stepson, a fine gentleman, a great and versatile musician, and a skilled and dedicated soldier. We are very proud of him.

The 77th is a superb band. And they put together a helluva YouTube show.

Best regards,

Doug

Larry is a wonderful stepson, a fine gentleman, a great and versatile musician, and a skilled and dedicated soldier. We are very proud of him.

The 77th is a superb band. And they put together a helluva YouTube show.

Hi Doug,

That's a fine performance. A talented band indeed, and Larry's outfit (and the quick transformation) fooled everybody judging by the reaction of the audience.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Bart