• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Some images

Haven't had time in a LONG time to post something but haven't forgotten you guys of course.

Some images from the last few months that are dear to me.

Nadine_2_Maart_2012_-_21194.jpg

composite_3c.jpg

Nadine_25_Nov_2011_-_14.jpg

Stephanie_29_Juni_2011_-_0357.jpg

Stephanie_29_Juni_2011_-_0287_v2.jpg

Greetings,
Frank

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Latham

They're a million miles from anything that I'd attempt Frank, but the last one draws me in.
I've no idea why and this worries me a little.

Bob

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Haven't had time in a LONG time to post something but haven't forgotten you guys of course.

Some images from the last few months that are dear to me.

Nadine_25_Nov_2011_-_14.jpg

Frank,

Delighted so see your new work. The Scott Kelby work circuit must be both exciting and physically exhausting with such a busy schedule. The folk who get to your workshops will learn and it's worth repeating. I look forward to you returning to L.A.

Now where on earth is this location with such special gates? Location, Location, Location! What else?

• Makeup artist, makeup artist, makeup artist! make up artist, makeup artist.

• Gray card, grey card, grey card,

• Overpower the sun, overpower the sun, overpower the sun!

• Oh yes, don't forget a model, some huge lights and a spare pocket wizard!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Actually this was shot during a workshop I did for the Dutch Elinchrom agent, it's a background :D

Was it a painted background or an actual iron door? It certainly looks real. Lighting a flat surface is more of a challenge if there's a picture on it.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Painted/printed background.
I normally don't like them but this one I did :D

So, Frank,

How on earth does one light a picture in the b.g. without getting flare and ruining the 3D appearance of the wonderful bolts and segments of iron plate? If this were in a gallery, I'd use polarized light, but one can, I guess, adjust the angle of the light. I'd prefer the background to be a transparency.

Still, you did marvelously and for sure had me fooled. I guess that the surface of the print must be matte finished. A gloss print would be terrible.

BTW, in these tours, do the models come from one national agency?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Stephanie_29_Juni_2011_-_0357.jpg

Stephanie_29_Juni_2011_-_0287_v2.jpg

Frank,

These seem so apt for Easter. It's as if mother earth is grieving. You always say that the makeup artist is the most important helper in a shoot! Well here the model is the superstar!

Asher