• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Administrative: Updating OPF: First Prefixes!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The Prefix selections have been updated to allow easier selection and more logical groupings. This is a work in progess and your feedback is invited.

PREFIX REVISIONS copy.jpg

Asher Kelman: New Prefix Choices

I have attempted to highlight newer on the scene Pro cameras both full 35mm and MF as well as elegant compact cameras with refined optics.

This is to encourage those few folk with these unique cameras to share their pictures to allow others to get an idea of what these lenses and sensors do in every day experience.

As you will notice, I will be the first to use the Fuji GFX prefix as I am trying to share my experience of this wonderful camera with you.

Also I have added a compact section of Warnings and Community requests for help or your participation.

We are planning a complete revision of OPF in the next month.

Feel free to write any lists of requests.

I haven't, as yet, added Nikon or Canon, in Prefixes for image samples, as they are the status quo and we know they are wonderful. I just wanted to start with cameras mostly folk do not have expereince with. I will add prefixes for wonderful portrait lenses, T/S lens and adaptions from vintage lenses.

Still, I seek your ideas and suggestions to improve the functioning of our OPF community.

Promises: image hosting, galleries and image searches .... plus sale of prints, if there is a wish for that.

Asher

Last edited:

Jerome Marot

The Hasselblad is called X1D and not HD-1. This being said, I would group the two medium format cameras together under "MF", this would have the added benefit that you will not need to update the listing this summer.

Asher Kelman

Thanks Jerome! Maybe that's why I failed to buy it, LOL!

Making one prefix for MF is a good idea, but right now, we have a changing landscape and its worthwhile showing of the benefits of the different MF cameras with the same 50 MP Sony sensor. What is so special about the Fuji is its similarity to the A7R series in being able to take practically any good lens one has.

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 11.25.11 PM.jpg

Asher

Asher Kelman

If you did not buy it, who is going to post under that prefix?

Well then, I better go back to BHPhotovideo and get an entire set, LOL!

Sincerely, I will endeavor to find a source for those pictures too! It would be nice to have examples of these revolutionary new cameras. They do open up new possibilities. It so happens that the Hasselblad is hand made with superb engineering and really worthy of our interest! Looking at this breed Sony fitted more affordable MF cameras is going to revolutionize high end professional photography.

Asher

Something that has been promised for a long time but still not here, the ability to post /share videos of our work directly from youtube.