• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Funday munday

Robert Watcher

For Anne and I, we treasure our relaxing day of travel by Chicken Bus, to the Pacific Ocean beach area about 35 KM from where we are living.

This past Monday, my focus was on grabbing some surfing shots and contacting the young fellows being featured in the photographs - so they could post the pics on their Facebook Pages. I have noticed that on a few occasions they have noticed my camera and play into my field of view by heading straight toward my position instead of always following the wave - - - and they will do some acrobatic moves to show off to me.

My first contact on Monday was young 13 year old Angelo, who teaches Surfing along with a few others at this beach - and may be one of the hottest up and coming surfers.

But as cool as all of my surfing shots may have been - - - this is the shot of the day that I love. I was firing away on the surfers. There is always a lull until the next surge of waves comes in. I am getting used to that pattern.

So out of the corner of my eye, I see from a distance, a group of young local Nicaraguan children running like crazy along the beach. I anticipated that they were heading for the water, so set my camera (with 600mm equivalent lens) focused on them - firing on occasion. I ended up with a sequence of 4 or 5 shots as they ran into the setting sun and waves of the ocean. This one was perfect:

20151109-PB095513.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
...................So out of the corner of my eye, I see from a distance, a group of young local Nicaraguan children running like crazy along the beach. I anticipated that they were heading for the water, so set my camera (with 600mm equivalent lens) focused on them - firing on occasion. I ended up with a sequence of 4 or 5 shots as they ran into the setting sun and waves of the ocean. This one was perfect:

20151109-PB095513.jpg

This is an iconic illustration of the purity of children natural joy. It's this wonder for experience of companionship, inclusion, adventure, risk and physicality that is their heritage. What is more important in our ancestry than affinity for water and it's abundant benefits and potential at the service of our community.

I will not ever let this out of my mind. This is one of the proofs of the essential goodness of humanity when we allow for experiments and protect the young.

Asher

The kids running into the water is a fantastic shot.. a sense of them all being individualsyet all being part of the group as each has a body part that intersects with another. There is, of course, the joy, that can't be missed!

Charlotte Thompson

Beautiful in so many ,many ways ! Pure spirit comes to my mind , pure energy-

how light they move
magic children of the water
how sweet our joy -
to receive
once past innocence
skipping shadows of childhood -

Charlotte-