• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lotus and Water Lilly

Steven Sinski

Kenilworth Park and Aquatic Gardens NPS
Washington, DC

Camera D500
Lens- Nikon 70-200mm/2.8E
ISO- 100
Focal Length- 155.0 mm (232.0 mm in 35mm)
Aperture f/5.6
Exposure Time- 0.001s (1/1000)

_DS50913_DxO-XL.jpg

Camera D500
Nikon 70-200mm/2.8E
ISO- 100
Focal Length- 200.0 mm (300.0 mm in 35mm)
Aperture- f/5.6
Exposure Time- 0.0025s (1/400)

_DS51079_DxO-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Kenilworth Park and Aquatic Gardens NPS
Washington, DC

_DS50913_DxO-XL.jpg

Camera D500
Lens- Nikon 70-200mm/2.8E
ISO- 100
Focal Length- 155.0 mm (232.0 mm in 35mm)
Aperture f/5.6
Exposure Time- 0.001s (1/1000)​

Steven,

This is something divine. I swear I thought you had brought with a sharp razor to slice off the top of the flower's ripe ovary. But I guess, that is the plant's natural landing platform for pollinating insects!

?

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Steven,

These are so special. I have not seen other water lilies as pretty except by Monet!

_DS51079_DxO-XL.jpg

You have done a splendid job!

Monet, for those who do not know, actually imported his Water Lilies from South A,erica and elsewhere and defied the local authorites who were afraid it would pos the local water supply. He photographed his water lilies for the next 30 years, (and the Japanese bridge he built, 17 times a year in different light)! More here!

But these I remembered and had to search for and at last I found them again and I am very happy!

Asher