• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Portfolio Series for Your Consideration: An invited Series My Overlays and book covers from various photographs

Charlotte Thompson

Antonio
Thank you so much! Wished I would have found this one for the exhibition. I just have so many files of work it makes me dizzy! Thanks so much.

Charlotte Thompson

Asher
Yes it does have some resemblance to Lux art. I think I may have seen some of her work many years ago. She's good with transference digitally . Thank you.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher
Yes it does have some resemblance to Lux art. I think I may have seen some of her work many years ago. She's good with transference digitally . Thank you.

So, Charlotte,

Can you explain the seemingly "larger than life" head. Is this from several pictures, or the original was that way?

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

The original vintage was that way- For me seems to be in the lighting or else so faded it became looking larger. Either way I loved the look.

Antonio Correia

Charllote,

I do like most of your work - as I have stated in some occasions - but this one doesn't attract me.

The black area - apparently unbalanced - is too strong and the main tone of the images on it contributes to the sadness of the hole. Perhaps it is intentional... after all anges, death, (and so on) looks to be the trend/theme.

The hole image is "heavy". Can I say depressing or the word is too strong ?

The idea of the "hand-done" line crossing the images is something that connects them. This connection was already visually perceived by the content of the images themselves and the line reinforces it.

What an English ! LOL A small disaster ! Anyway, did I make myself understand ? Just a bit, at least ?

Are you mad at me now ? No, you are not... :)

Charlotte Thompson

Antonio
Thanks for your honest comment! The art was made intentionally just so you have seen it. It is definitely conceptual impressions. A look into my Catholic School education which apparently stays with me still to this day. You see then as a child I was a bit of a rebel for Priest and Nuns… This is an outcome I think of that. I love the idea of angels and the struggle from dark to light and yes it is heavy, weighted most intentional on my part. You have good insight!

Charlotte-