• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Road Art: pavement, walls anything unusually artistic by chance or intent!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Michael Nagel: Leave Steps

Nick seems to think the old methods are the best. Fossil evidence for the future or a message to another galaxy?

_DSC1971 by tom.dinning, on Flickr​

I like the commonality of message in these two works; good job Michael and Tom for spotting them!

Asher

Michael Nagel

Have you noticed an increasing use of already printed stickers instead of either painting or using a stencil?
It depends - the closer you are to the city center and I think that this applies to almost every city, the more stickers dominate. At other places outside the city center 'classic' graffiti becomes more important - depending on the neighbourhood.
Stickers are easy to mass-produce, people print them also themselves using different techniques though serigraphy was the classic technique for a while.
The rise of viral marketing in the sticker-'world' spoils it for me - a lot of commercial stuff and fewer original artists.

Tom - love this one.

Best regards,
Michael

8360688266_0e01dc35e6_c.jpg
Graffiti, New Farm Wharf​
Gelatin-silver photograph on Ilford IB4.1P photographic paper, image size 24.5cm X 19.6cm, from a 8x10 Tmax 400 negative exposed in a Plaubel Profia monorail view camera fitted with a 10 inch Commercial Ektar lens.
Signed. titled, and stamped verso.

This area of New Farm Wharf was dominated by derelict warehouses, crumbling infrastructure, and limited street lighting. Some wit annotated the spooky vibes with a flourish of spray can. I picked up on the atmosphere well. The accumulating thunderstorm and apocalyptic sky hinted heavily that I should stop and take the picture.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Michael,

These remain captivating, I enjoy looking at your work. I, too, have been taking lots of graffiti/street art pictures. Would it be an issue if I'd show some here?

Michael Nagel

Hi Cem,

Thanks! Yes. join in. I mainly concentrate on sticker and stencil work, so maybe you have more of the classical graffiti...

Kudos to the original artists.

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Recent finds:

Strange Mandrill

Drache

Michael,

Are these first two above, just whimsical evolution of design, or are there clues to be read or references to other works or ideas?

The body parts picture is unusual. I've not come across such a character! I imagine this so stylized person has been in other cartoons before?

Body parts

This is supposed to be an eye watching us on one that keeps away bad omens?

Blue Eye

The knitting is simply adorable and amazing! Reminds me of Missoni designed fabrics!

Asher

Michael Nagel

Asher,
"5ever" is rather witty. first time I've seen that!
The fist time I have seen it as well, but on the other hand, having seen 4ever quite often, the idea is ot that far off...

In this, there are various groups. One says "Illegal". do you know what that refers to?
That's simple: There are places where graffiti is allowed, these are the legal places. Illegal refers to the rest.

Best regards,
Michael