• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge: Specifically Cala Lillies, all you can find!

Might be a history to that. Could be that someone planted one and this is 10 years later!

Asher

I looked it up and yes, they do grow wild.. in marshy areas! Also, they are not true lilies but arums and are related to skunk cabbage. Some of them have odor, but thankfully not of the skunk cabbage. You know, you learn something new every day! :-D

Wow, growing in the wild? I thought they were all cultivars.. I'm amazed.. incredible!

Maggie

Maggie,

Thank you for admiring. The Himalayas is endlessly amazing. Asher may be right, as these were not far from the Khecheopalri Lake in Sikkim which is frequented by tourists. The lilies might have actually propagated out from somebody's garden.

Reginald

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The first of the Calla Lilies to return in 2019 have been gone and these are the second flair of flowers.

Asher Kelman: Return of the Calla Lillies​

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

In memorium for ravaged Cala Lilly Plants!

My gardener trampled all over out Cala Lilly bed and removed most as weeds! So I have protected some stragglers and discovered more on my tour of UCLA.

_dsc2802CC_2014_Color._CC_2014tif.jpg

Asher Kelman: Lilly by the wall!

Leica M. Summilux 50mm 1.4 sony A7R

and then my more sombre final processed version:

_dsc2802CC_2014_Color Cala Lilly.jpg

Asher Kelman: Lilly by the wall!

Leica M. Summilux 50mm 1.4 sony A7R

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

Really Really love the second one with the dark background . It is hauntingly beautiful. Both are. I love most the second graceful elegance ! very poetic!

Charlotte

Asher Kelman

Thanks, Charlotte,

Yes these are so spiritual and to me are the symbol of young girls waiting innocently waiting!

Folk who do you a favor and “clean up” can be so ignorant and heartless. My late father took his energy to my mothers sun flowers, boasting, “Don’t say I don’t do anything. Look at the pile of giant weeds I removed!” ?

Asher

Asher Kelman

This evening, after violent winds, I went about photographing brave flowers that survived!

Thanks to my iPhone 6+ ?

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Gorgeous!! I do understand what said about the flowers I feel the same. I have a huge group of small white flowers in the back yard that come back every spring. The are small clover blooms I love them until finally they stop their bloom. Wild flowers have always been my favorite. When I lived in the country with my Arabians there was a field near with so many wild flowers blooming all Spring and Summer needles to say I had a country house full of them.

Charlotte

Asher Kelman

Wow, Wolfgang,

This is superb! I and really impressed! When did you make this?

Asher

Formidable comme “L’origine du Monde”;

Salut!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Now, I have processed the picture above in PS and did a very slight adjustment in Topaz studio:

Asher Kelman: Morning Rain drips on a salvaged Cala #2
iPhone X5 Max Photoshop CC 2019
Topaz Impression

Here one can see the leverage one has in using post processing with a color calibrated workflow.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Note that I will repair this thread. If you have some of the missing flowers, allow me to add them back!

Asher Kelman

My wife's shot ! Stolen from Facebook. The plant was outside. :)

002F5731-8A86-46D6-B410-19F85D7866DC.png

This, Antonio, is superb and close to the best possible. Louisa is a gem and a fine person anyway, but to top it off, she’s the most modest of all the photographers I admire the most!

Asher

Asher Kelman

6E81393A-9C8D-4256-B352-97E84B96ACA2.jpeg

Antonio,

This is from one of my vintage pictures.

However, not as impressive and lyrical as your wife’s composition!

Asher