• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Alois

Alois Lazecky

Hello my name is Alois. I have been involved in photography since I was about fifteen and never looked back. I photographed just about everything and just about with any camera I got my hands on and after all this I'm returning to film for perhaps a sentimental reason. No, don't ask me to sell you my digital camera I like it and I use it often. I shoot mainly natural objects, flowers, landscapes and some portraits here and there. Open Photography Forum looks like a group of very friendly and knowledgeable people I can share my views and disasters with. So, hello again and I wish every one very Happy New Year and many great moments with your cameras.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello my name is Alois. I have been involved in photography since I was about fifteen and never looked back. I photographed just about everything and just about with any camera I got my hands on and after all this I'm returning to film for perhaps a sentimental reason. No, don't ask me to sell you my digital camera I like it and I use it often. I shoot mainly natural objects, flowers, landscapes and some portraits here and there. Open Photography Forum looks like a group of very friendly and knowledgeable people I can share my views and disasters with. So, hello again and I wish every one very Happy New Year and many great moments with your cameras.

Alois,

All of us, even experienced film practitioners, (except perhaps my friends lens mavin, Jim Galli and the the stalwart Aussie, Maris Rusis), have been to some extent drawn in to the trick-foolery of digital photography. Digital photography means super-toys lasting 1-3 years and evolve for some drummed up necessity! A film camera is good for 10-50 years or more!

Going back to film returns us to basic ideas of intent to "print" some imagined composition. It's slower and in a way, far richer as we have time to draw on our rich experiences and imagination. More than a few of us value highly film work. Some don't do it simply because clients wont pay the premium cost or digital seems to give endless opportunity for instant feedback.

Film also gives us some mystery. One never has certainty. Nuances are always discovered during processing. So it's great to have another film shooter! Looking forward to your work and comments.

Welcome,

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Welcome to OPF Alois. Just settle down and join the discussions when you want to. Whereabouts are you from if I may ask?

Cheers,

Alois Lazecky

Hi ! Yes you may ask, I'm from beautiful capital city of Canada. Ottawa used to be white in January but I think I'll go and plant some roses if we don't get snow soon.